Treason

Ka'marius POV

Sigh... I am so anxious right now and I can't stop shaking.

Abouts20 minutes ago I was woken up and right now I am getting prepared for my mission... Mentally and physically because all of the outcomes that could happen scares me.

Ka'marius:I am not taking my rifle.

Mehmed:Too big to be used... Then at least take this.

He gives me a knife and a smaller handgun of sort.

Mehmed:Take this and don't kill unless needed as my father says it's dangerous and... It changes people in more ways than one.

What does he mean by that?

Mehmed:That and it may blow you're cover too.

When I look over Meija simply says nothing and gives me the explosive charge and a small box of matches.

Meija:In... And out.

She seems more... Intense than usual even though she always feels like that right now it feels more amplified.

Ka'marius:Thank you.

She nods her head before I take a deep breath and set off into the dusk because it takes awhile to get the enemy position and while it looks close from where we are I have to travel down into a almost ravine like area... If multiple explosions happened then it could collapse on itself.

As I move through the trees I feel the terrain start to descend and with how dark it is my only source of light is the planet's 2 moons which while subtle if I stand still for awhile my eyes adjust to the darkness and I am able to see to some degree.

Ka'marius:In and out... I go in, set the charges and Meija will immediately try to contact command.

After that we can hopefully rescue the people here and get off of this planet... What happened to the locals?

We were sent here to kill primitives and make no mistake, I don't wish to kill anyone... I don't care of they aren't human or even have distain for humanity I don't wish to kill them either way.

I don't know if that makes me a coward or selfish... Or both.

As I think I pause when I hear footsteps and when I look forward I see a small girl, at least 9 or 10 at best and... She isn't human.

When I look at her she is crying but I try my best to calm her down because I could blow my cover if someone hears her and she simply is stuttering and looks panicked.

Ka'marius:Calm down, what's wrong?

???:I... M-Mon-Keigh!

She gets away from me and hides behind a tree.

Ka'marius:Stop!

I hold my hands up and I simply put down my weapon... Alright, this is where I can put my language to use.

I come to her while bending down and I take my helmet off to try my best to appear less threatened.

Ka'marius:I am not here to hurt you... What is wrong?

I try my best to speak the language and she does to some extent understand me and strangely she... Understands gothic but that doesn't make any sense.

???:Bad... Mon-Keigh.

She points In a direction and I am confused.. Mon-Keigh is typically more derogatory in the Eldari language but that doesn't matter now.

Ka'marius:Me?

She shakes her head no and points awhile clearly still panicking... Human or not I won't just leave her here.

Ka'marius:Al-... What?