Chapter 27

Meija POV  (Didn't know what to name this one.)

What in the name of everything on Terra...

I wake in a cold sweat, just barely choking on my own saliva and my chest aching and beating at a rate that feels as if I will die any second and my body involuntarily shaking and my breath shaking.

I take a minute to calm down but when I do what comes to attention is someone else is up, when I look up I see the door to our room is open, the inquisitor is awake but laying down in silence reading the Lectito Divinatus and Reva is sleep with the 2 missing.

Not interrupting her, mostly out of caution to avoid any situations and I too get up and walk out with a question asking where I am going i tell her to train which is not too far from the truth.

I wander the halls, walking past a few other dorms and rooms but one catches me eye when it's open a bit and I recognize the dorm as the one that Lusio is and Markus talking, but I overall walk past and walking past more and hearing talking and snoring in some but overall it's almost quiet entirely.

Looking around I notice how clean this ship is compared to the other one, granted it is fairly new so I shouldn't be as surprised as I am right now.

Continuing my walk I eventually come to the training grounds where I hear firing and shells hitting the metal floor and the loud shots ringing through the ship, though most of the rooms are sound proof and calls to actions are mostly through speaker.

When I fully enter and look to the side I see the girl, the one from Cadia and once more like last time we look at eachother and just stare...

"What?" she says, with a fairly hoarse and yet clear voice "What do you want?" I confront since we met we've said nothing to eachother and yet it's as if she's familiar to me in a way of sorts.

She acts as if she is confused but it's not hard to see right through her act and I keep eye contact with her, the tension so thick that you could cut it with a knife and she simply empties the rest of her mag before placing the boltgun down and facing me.

"We're alone, that's good..." She walks forward and I adjust my body as subtle as I can to switch into a combat stance just incase anything is about to happen.

"We haven't talked, how about we sit down and get to know eachother?" She says in a strange tone that is not easily described, even I admit it catches me slightly off-guard but overall I nod y head an accept partially out of curiosity and also from sheer boredom but compared to the last Terran months...Boredom is something I have come to Cherish as the gift of being bored means I am not fighting across different worlds for survival.

We go to the mess hall and sit down with Caf and bread before sitting down in the corner of the wide and massive Mess hall.

"Why did you call me just now, what have you been wanting to say the last few days and don't act like you don't know" I say that, implying that everytime we've approached eachother we've stared but said nothing.

"I am curious...You are beautiful so surely your have a partner of sorts?" She says, her question catches me off-guard but overall I keep calm and tell her the truth "No, even if I did it would not be any of your concern." 

I take a drink and she nods her head silently "Well then...We'll be fighting together, watch out for the top brass." she leaves it at that and those words, seemingly out of nowhere and when I look back she is eating bread as if she said nothing and she stops and looks back up at me with some bread still hanging in her mouth.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask her, she takes a bite and puts the bread back down before sighing.

"You do know what command is doing is reckless, it could result in the death of us all." she says, it's not that I disagree with her but rather...She was not in the room when we were planning so how does she know the details or the plan?