Planning

Ka'marius POV

2 days ago we got stranded on this planet and since then we have been walking to the far east while trying to avoid the enemy and we have been successful with that... But we wake up early p, getting only about 4 hours of sleep before setting off and I have been exhausted.

My wrist has barely had time to heal up, my legs have been hurting since the day before yesterday and we have to preserve our food so we eat slowly, taking bites out about even hour or 2 for awhile until we are at least satisfied halfway.

Ka'marius:U-Ugh...

I almost trip but I manage to catch myself and steady my breath.

Markus:Are you alright?

Ka'marius:Y-Yes just a bit dizzy.

Speaking of that... We have to preserve the water in our canteens as well. We have considered boiling water from the river but the problem is the fire could alert the enemy and if not the fire and smoke then the smell will.

This time we woke up at morning but decided to cover some ground to get to a safer area and now we are deep in the forest and while we get cover from the sun... No breeze comes in and the entire mood is down... No one says anything but orders and Meija, while she is taking charge I feel like she is getting more stricter... I mean she alway.

She has been keeping a journal but... She writes in a language unfamiliar to me, it's not gothic high or low... Nor is it any galactic language I have seen.

Ka'marius:How much longer is this?

Tianus:Stop complaining, stop doing what you have been doing for the past 72 hours!

Meija:Be quiet.

Ka'marius:Whatever.

This place is a nightmare to be in... There is one thing still on my mind right now.

Ka'marius:I am sorry, but... You assumed the enemy saw this as a hunting ground. Why would you assume something like that?

Meija:Because you saw it yourself... Some of our soldiers were killed on the spot and others were captured and I can only assume they are taking them some place.

If they are taking them some place then we could rescue them.

Ka'marius: Couldn't we rescue them?

Mehmed:My father taught me no man should be left behind and if you can save someone then you should do everything in you're power to do so. But the problem with that unfortunately is we don't have the numbers nor the Intel.

Meija:And as I said we don't know what happens... They could be sacrificed and dead already or they were taken and snatched away just to be killed in close combat so what happens to them is a mystery to us.

Near here has to be an enemy base of operations somewhere and we are heading deeper and deeper into enemy territory to where we have even bypassed enemy patrols and as we get deeper it feels like they are larger in size.

Tianus:We should focus on saving our own skin before even considering what's happening to others.

Ka'marius:If you were taken prisoner wouldn't you want someone to help you or simply worry about themselves?

He prepares to say something but simply looks away.

Meija:That's true, but it unrealistic and you aren't seeing things clearly and-

All of a sudden we all stop and sit down when we hear footsteps... A lot of footsteps right now... Wait I can understand what they are saying.

Raider:We managed to capture more playthings... One yells a lot and he is my favorite... He just cries and shivers and his blood is so smooth.