Training

Ka'marius POV

What in name of Terra was that?!

I hear a loud sound and when I look at the door I see men in armor rush in and immeiately I roll off my bed and take cover on the side of it.

Hann:Conscripts be prepared for the unexpected if this was a real battle all of you would be dead now!

Wait... What?

I look over my bed and he looks at me.

Hann: Congratulations... You are all dead.

He looks at thee rest of us.

Hann:You must always be prepared to get up and fight, when in a warzone shifts will be taken looking out for the enemy, report to the training facilities now for PT... And no it's not a choice.

After that shock everyone breathes a sigh of relief and I don't decide to wait. I eat a few pieces of bread and crackers before grabbing my lasgun and putting on my equipment, heading immediately to the training area... Wait...

Ka'marius:Where is the training area...

I walk around through multiple halls until I eventually come across guardsmen and conscripts in the dining area of the ship eating, but I notice guardsmen and conscripts aren't talking to each other and it feels... A bit tense right now... I should go and ask someone.

I go to a table full of guardsmen talking and immediately go to the officer...

Ka'marius:Excuse me uh... Commissar-

Lana:Are you blind?

Ka'marius:U-Uh

Lana:I am a lieutenant, not a commissar.

Wait... What's the difference?

Ka'marius:W-Well lieutenant I need some help you see... Uh... I am heading to morning PT and I don't know the way to the training area so I was wondering if you could maybe help me find it.

Guardmen:There are thousands of other troops here ask one of them.

Lana:Sigh I cannot put you at fault for being confused, this ship was built in design to confuse enemy boarding parties and yet instead it confuses the crew too... Very well, who is you're commanding officer?

Ka'marius:Oh uh... Captain Molonevo.

She stops and looks over.

Lana:He is a commissar... Not a captain... Sigh I pity you now.

Ka'marius:W-What what for?

Lana:The 239th Terran mixed infantry regiment is made up of whiteshield conscripts and guardsmen, even then our companies are kept separate as the conscripts make up the main line of the unit.

Wait shouldn't guardsmen do that since they have better training...

Lana:In our regiment made up of about 12 thousand conscripts and 7 thousand guardsmen there are 18 commissars and then you have the senior commissar... You happen to be placed under the direct command and in the personal unit of one commissar meaning...

She simply drinks and looks back at me before whispering something under her breath and standing up.

Lana:Do you know what the position of a commissar is?

Ka'marius:A officer right?

Lana:Commissars are special, they come right from the academy and let's just say... You don't want to piss one off because they have the authority to murk you then and there.