Unusual

Meija POV

After we got our missions and assigned to our roles everyone has been running drillers, recon has already been dispatched to go on the surface and I have been planning the assault with the High Inquisitor so I have all the details of the layout.

Our landing site  is a field surrounded by trees, recon landed there and it's not too far from the target and we expect to get this done within about 4 hours or less if possible.

"Inquisitor will we be going in loud and direct or slow?" I ask her because even now we aren't fully certain of our plan.

"For now let's go over the pros and cons." She gets pen and starts to write while muttering under her breath.

"If we go in quick and fast we could even get this done in less than an hour and catch them offguard...Maybe an Orbital bombardment first?" she starts to write even faster while looking at the map, while a quick assault would be better there's a problem...

"What about our casualties, if we go in your way then we'll end up losing many of our soldiers compared to a slower and more tactical advance?." I said, if we take multiple casualties then we would be wasting soldiers.

"We have more commoners as replacements and-" Before she can finish I inject to argue my point.

"Yes...But we don't have many that can fit into this special unit, many of them don't have the ability and skill that those in this unit have so we should avoid useless casualties at every turn we get." I finish arguing my point and she says nothing before looking up at me with a smile but I can see her wrinkled frustration.

"We have...More than enough so we will do it my way." she speaks slowly and firmly, I stop and simply nod my head as it's obvious she does not intend to reconsider.

After that we discuss how we'll go about the plan, she shuts down any suggestion of orbital bombardment because that would alert them to the assault so that was scrapped and then it was even proposed that we launch a full scale assault and start a battle.

However that too was scrapped, the entire point of this task force was to launch fast and decisive attacks so a large assault would make a mission that should take a few hours at least a month or 2 and that's not even mentioning the logistics of supplies and the evacuation to avoid the deaths of guardsmen.

Eventually every one of the unit officers from Wing-Sergeant  Callonor to Severus is in disagreement in someway, Callanor requested that they get different fighters because the current model is the latest tech but for the current atmosphere they reported communication was difficult between fighters and if it was not for their tight formation they would have lost communication all together.

 Severus was chosen to lead the Assault and he showed great care the the soldiers, wanting to not risk a hot assault.

"You are a Marine, you've done this before." she says in an aggressive tone.

"Yes...You are right I can withstand the fire but my soldiers are just men, brave men and women at that but they are just that, human and they are not as fast or resilient as me and that's not to mention their armor only provides protection against shrapnel and from getting a scratch when falling, it may as well be thin paper." He makes his point, concern for his soldiers is very apparent and it's no secret that higher command may as well see the lower classes as expendable and even if we were handpicked that does not change the fact that there are millions of billions that likely could replace us.

In other words we may be chosen by hand and considered elite but that does mean there is not an almost infinite pool of manpower to choose from to find others with our own abilities and just as much, if not more experience.