room of mirrors

she's so pretty <3

__

« haewon!! »

i exclaimed as i ran to her. she was sitting at a table with two girls that i didn't recognize.

« hi y/n, » she says, gesturing for me to sit next to her.

« guess what happened in my last class? » i asked, playfully wiggling my eyebrows at her.

« what? you look really excited? » haewon questioned me.

« i met someone new! » i pridefully told haewon.

she opened her mouth to say something, when i heard someone laugh behind me. i had completely forgetting about the two other girls sitting here. they were both looking very intrigued so i decided to introduce myself to them.

« hi, i'm hara y/n. what are your names? » i asked the girls who giggled again.

« so you're y/n? i'm jang kyujin! »

« my name's yoona. »

« it's nice meeting you. you guys are really
pret-  »

« don't do that. » haewon interrupted me. i looked at her, confused but she kept on eating. don't do what?

« anyways, » i began.

kyujin and yoona looked at me with raised eyebrows so i continued to tell them about this morning.

« so i sit next to this girl, she's exactly my type. she even gave me her number! » i admitted. both girls gasped.

« there's no way. » haewon scoffed.

« uhm, yes way.  » i pulled my phone out, showing her lily's contact. she looked at my phone for a lot longer than i expected, so i put it back in my pocket.

« hey! don't even think about trying to memorize her number— i met her first. » i joked.

« but i met you first. » she replied in a monotone voice.

« uh.. yeah, obviously? » i tell her. haewon blankly stared at me before returning to her food.

« how many classes do you have with her? » she asks me.

« hmm, that's a good question. i'll ask her— » i say, pulling my phone back out of my pocket, only for haewon to grab it from me.

« don't. » she replied, grabbing my phone. she still had the same blank expression on her face.

« why? i really wanna know if we have more classes together? » i questioned.

« forget it, y/n. » haewon blankly said. she muttered something under her breath that i couldn't quite catch. i looked over to kyujin and yoona who were looking just as confused as i was.

« why? » i asked again.

« because. you're only using this as an excuse to flirt when you should be focusing on your studies instead. ». haewon simply replied. was she joking?

« i'm not trying to flirt. » i defended. « i want to make friends too! »

« but you already have me! » she pouted at me.

« uhm, duh? » i say. « but i want to meet new people— like you met kyujin and yoona. » i tried to explain to her.

« am i not good enough to be your friend? » she asked. i still couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

« haewon, you know that's not what i'm trying to say. i just— » i groaned, not wanting us to fight anymore. especially infront of her new friends.
« can we please just eat? i'm really hungry? »