fingertip

UNEDITED

seeing haewon was making me more nervous than i thought.

hell, i was so scared that i came to school way earlier than usual. i guess you could say i was avoiding her...

to be honest, i knew i was making things worse. as soon as she found out about me having more classes with yunjin, she'd be super upset. i almost wished i'd just told her yesterday.

but now that i'm ignoring her, i don't know what she'll do.

" someones early. "

i almost jumped when i heard her voice.

" don't talk to me. " i told her.

" okay.. well, why are you sitting there? that's my seat. " she claimed.

" this was your seat yesterday. the switch wasn't permanent. " i rolled my eyes.

i was so nervous about seeing haewon that yunjin's presence was pissing me off more that it usually would. i kept fidgeting with my hands and kept shaking.

" yes it was. yesterday after you left early the prof told me i'll be sitting here from now on. " she explained. i looked at her to see if she was lying, but she just blankly stared at me.

" why should i believe you?! " i asked.

yunjin dropped her bag, before leaning closer to me, placing her hands on my desk.

" trust me. you don't want to be next to her. " she whispered, catching me off guard.

what?

if i was nervous before, i didn't know how to explain how i was feeling now. i felt my heart beat 10x faster that it usually did. yunjin's face was so close to mine, and her eyes-

before i could reply, she was suddenly pulled away from me. standing behind her, was the person i had been dreading to see.

" what do you think you're doing? " haewon asked.

her hand was on yunjin's collar, and they were both glaring at each other.

" i was just claiming my seat. " yunjin muttered, pushing haewon away from her.

" that's y/n's. "

" no, our instructor clearly told me yesterday that i had to sit here. " yunjin replied.

i stood up to move my seat, when i caught haewon's eyes— and she was now glaring at me.

shit.

" uh, i guess i have to sit h-here then. " i stuttered out before moving to where i was sitting yesterday.

yunjin sighed and sat down next to me. i tried not to look at either of them, but when i looked at haewon again she still looked upset.

thankfully, she didn't say anything. even though the atmosphere between us was heavy, nothing else happened.

" y/n. "

haewon called out to me as soon as class had ended.

great.

" can we talk? " she asked with a straight face.

" can we do it later? we still have class. " i reasoned.

i was still trying to avoid her, afraid of her getting upset with me. but right now, there was little sign of emotion on her face. she was quiet, and was almost studying me with her intense stare.

i waited for her response, but she turned and walked away. i didn't know if i was glad or not, but i shrugged it off before heading to my next class.

" something's on your mind? "