apple

UNEDITED

after i got home that day, i immediately went to my room and laid on my bed. i was exhausted after everything that happened today and just wanted to rest.

my cheekbone was angry with me and hurt everytime i applied the slightest bit of pressure to it.

i decided it was best to sleep it off, hoping i would feel better in the morning.

i woke up later to my phone vibrating and my ringtone going off next to me. i groaned as i grabbed my phone with my eyes half-open. i didn't see the caller name, but i assumed it was my mother.

" yes, mommy? " i murmured.

i didn't get a response, so i thought that she must've called me on accident. i put the phone closer to my face and spoke again.

" mommy? are you th- "

" that's a pretty name. "

i gasped when i heard the voice. my eyes widened when i realized just who had called me. embarrassed, i adjusted the angle of my phone to show my wall instead of me.

well, shit.

" h-haewon!? i'm so so sorry i thought it was- "

" oh, you thought it was ms. hara calling? " 

she giggled, and i felt my face heat up in embarrassment. i was struggling to find a response while i heard her laughing again.

" tilt your camera down, i wanna see your face."

i moved my phone down, smiling when i saw her face. it felt good so see her again, especially since we hadn't talked in a while. i don't know if it's because of the camera lighting, but she looked like she was glowing.

" you're so embarrassed, you can't even speak right now? " she teased.

" no- well, yes. i guess is because it's been a while since we've seen each other. even if it's only through a camera. " i said.

" i miss you y/n. i miss you so much." she said sweetly, like honey was dripping through her voice.

" i miss you too. how is everything going down
the- "

" wait let me see your face. "

she cut me off, confusion written on her face. i fixed the camera to show my face better. i even flashed a peace sign and smiled, thinking she was going to take a screenshot.

but her expression was still serious.

" why are you looking at me like that? am i ugly on camera? " i pouted.

" what happened to you? "

" wait. you seriously think im ugly? " i asked, offended.

" y/n, i'm not joking. who did that to you? "

i felt along the sie of my face, wincing when i got to the huge bruise.

oh.

the smile quickly fell off my lips when i realized what she was asking about. i moved that camera away from my cheek to show on the top of my forehead.