time for the moon night

UNEDITED

" you know you can stay at my house. my parents aren't here, so i kinda live alone. " haewon told me as we were on the way home.

" no, it's okay. the investigation should be over soon. " i assured her.

i was trying to convince myself that they'd find the killer, but with the surprising lack of evidence, i was starting to lose hope.

once we arrived at my house, i was surprised to see the officers packing up their things and removing the barriers.

" what's going on? " i asked on of the officers.

" we're going to the station, kid. someone confessed to the murders. " he replied.

'someone'

" who is it? is it really them? " i questioned, curiosity building inside of me.

" there's no evidence to prove its really him, that's why we're on our way to the stat- "

" i want to see him. " i cut him off.

" see who? " i turned around to see haewon behind me.

" they found the killer. " i told her.

she raised an eyebrow as she looked at the officers, before turning back to me. her expression was unreadable, and i couldn't tell what she was thinking.

" i can take you there. " she offered.

we did not waste a second in following the officers back to the police station. i felt nervous, but at the same time i was livid. i was finally going to meet the jerk who killed my parents.

as soon as we arrived, i saw a man in all black sitting with the other officers. there was no one else here, so assuming it was him, i ran over and herself pulled him to face me.

" y-you killed my parents?! "

i was shocked to see the same boy, my neighbour, who initially told me about the murders.

some officers tried to calm me down, and knew haewon would be too, but i couldn't hear anything. all i could see was the man in front of me, and how badly i wanted to punch him.

" answer me! " i yelled, grabbing his shirt to make him face me, but he kept his gaze down.

" y/n don't do this. " haewon grabbed my arms and pulled me away.

" let go of me. " i muttered trying to free myself from her hold, but she was too strong.

" calm down. you're only going to get yourself in trouble. " she whispered.

i looked her straight in the eyes, my anger boiling over while she kept her calm. it wasn't fair. she didn't know what it was like to be in my place, for someone you trusted to murder your parents. she didn't know what it was like to feel so angry and so hopeless at the same time.

" don't worry kid, he will be punished. " one of the officers assured me.

" good. he deserves that for what he did to my parents. " i grumbled.

" don't worry, he will be rotting in jail. there's still a process we have to adhere to. " he added.

i was still feeling so unsure about everything though. there was so little evidence about the case, he shows out out of the blue, and everyone was acting so calm about it.

something was off.

" y/n, let's just go home. this isn't worth your time. " haewon said, grabbing my hand.

" something's not right. " i told her.

" what do you mean? he confessed, so he's the one who didn't. aren't you happy he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison? " she nonchalantly replied.