only 1

UNEDITED.

« what are you doing here, yunjin? » haewon gritted.

« what do you think? i'm here to study? » the girl nonchalantly replied. unbelievable.

« no! why did you have to study here? and have the same class as us? i c- »

« what? you thought i knew you were going to be here? if so i wouldn't have transferred. » yunjin chuckled, cutting haewon off.

i looked at haewon, gesturing for her to stop. she just huffed and rolled her eyes at me.

« ok, well then let's change seats. » haewon offered.

« haewon it's okay. you don't have to. » i reprimanded her.

« but i don't want her sitting next to you. » she replied. me neither.

« i'll be fine. just pretend she's not here- » i began, but quickly shut my mouth once our professor shot me a look.

when he finally turned back to the board, i heard yunjin stifle a laugh.

is she serious right now?

« ha ha. funny. » i muttered.

« very funny. » yunjin sarcastically replied.

« hey. don't talk to y/n. » haewon threatened, glaring at yunjin again.

« haewon it's fine- «

« okay i'm done. » our professor interrupted again. « you, newcomer, switch places with miss hara. »

well, great. i sighed, grabbing my stuff to switch seats with yunjin, when haewon grabbed my wrist.

« sir, we're sorry. we won't talk again. » haewon argued.

« i already warned you. now switch seats. » he replied.

« haewon, let go. you're hurting me. » i told her, and she let go. she gave me one last pleading look, before i got up and switched with yunjin.

i heard them mutter something to each other. now that there was no one in between them, i knew it wasn't going to end well.

as soon as our class was over, haewon stood up, grabbing my arm again.

« hey! what are y- »

without an explanation she pulled me out of the room.

« haewon wh- »

« why is she here? » haewon questioned as we walked down the hall.

« uhm, i don't know? maybe to study? » i replied. « don't worry, she's not going to do anything. »

« how do you know? she has this class with us, what if she has more with you?! » haewon was starting to raise her voice, so i told her to calm down.

« it's probably a coincidence, okay? i'll be fine, it's not like she'll kill me or something. » i said with a laugh.

« you're right- because i'll kill her before she does something to you. » she snapped.

« okay, stop. » i told her. it scared me the way she was talking, and i wanted her to stop. « you're overreacting. plus, after everything that happened, i doubt we'll be interacting. »

haewon still looked doubtful, but ended up nodding at me.

« even if i have more classes with her, it's not like i still have feelings for her. » i assured.