stairs in the north

UNEDITED

i was sitting in the hospital with kyujin and yoona right next to me. they hadn't left my side and were trying to comfort me ever since we got here.

as soon as the doctor came to talk to me, she removed her mask and faced me with a sigh. i already knew was she was going to say.. and i dreaded it.

" i'm so sorry, but they had already lost too much blood. " she admitted.

i looked down as tears streamed down my face and my whole body trembled as i cried. nothing felt worse than the crushing feeling in my chest and the choked sobs in my throat.

" w-why would they just.. l-leave me like that. " i sobbed, leaning my head on kyujin's shoulder.

i didn't even get to say goodbye to them. if only i didn't leave last night, this might've been prevented. i shouldn't have left my parents only because of haewon. if only i had more time with them..

" h-how did they die? " i asked the doctor.

" they were both found with a lot of stab wounds. they- " i put up a hand and signaled for her to stop. i didn't want to hear anymore.

my parents were murdered.

" y/n.. " i felt yoona and kyujin comfortingly rub my back.

" this isn't fair. we're so sorry for your loss. " yoona whispered.

i didn't know what to do. i had never lost people so important to me. this wasn't fair. they were the kindest people, and i didn't understand why anyone would do this to them. my parents didn't deserve this. i wanted to find out who'd killed them.. and why.

the whole way home, i just kept crying. all i wanted was for my parents to come back.. and i knew that simply wasn't possible.

" you can stay at our place for a while.. " yoona offered.

" no.. it's okay. " i muttered.

" are you sure? if you want, we can accompany you at your home. " kyujin asked.

" i'll be fine. " i sighed.

i kept my head down as we kept walking. i know they were trying to be nice, but i didn't want to feel as a burden to anyone.

they both stopped in their places, so i assumed we were already at my house. but when i looked up, i saw the reason they really halted.

" y/n. "

as soon as i heard her voice, i felt my eyes water again.

" haewon.. " i rasped.

she walked up to me and held me in her arms, her embrace felt comfortable. she wrapped her arms around my waist and i cried on her shoulder.

" it's okay. just let it all out.. " she whispered.

i put aside all my anger i had for her, and just let her hug me. this was all i needed right now, a best friend to comfort me during this painful loss.

" i-i just lost my parents, haewon. " i sobbed.

she didn't say anything, but instead held me tighter. i thought that nothing would be able to soothe me, but somehow being in her arms was enough to calm me down.