Ch. 20-Games

*************************************

Caleb’s POV

  ‘She’s going to kill you,’ my inner wolf chuckles. I don’t think so. Thalia is too frazzled. I offer my hand for Thalia and she looks up at me with hate in her eyes. I love you too mate.

  “I don’t need your help,” Thalia says through her teeth. I chuckle as Thalia tries to stand up. She’s still light headed so she can’t look me in the eye when she’s up. It’s so amusing how she’s rejecting me.

  “Let me help you,” I say and Thalia steps away from me.

  “No thank you. I’m going home,” she says and starts to walk away. I chuckle before dangling the car keys.

  “How will you do that honey,” I ask. Thalia stomps her feet on the ground before facing me.

  “You cause all the problems! This is your fault,” she exclaims. Aww my mate is upset. She looks so cute.

    I walk towards her with a smirk still on my lips before saying, “I don’t see a problem here.” Thalia glares at me and because she’s wearing heels she’s at my eye level.

  “You are such a jerk! This isn’t funny,” she exclaims.

  ‘Her wolf is frustrated. Help her,’ my inner wolf says. I think I can help Cleo. I pull Thalia into my arms and kiss her again. Thalia struggles to break free but I just won’t let her. I’m helping you Thalia.

    Finally Thalia relaxes before moaning. Is she still upset? Hell I should be the one upset. I just got so angry when I say some guy kissing Thalia. She’s mine after all and she just let the guy kiss her. Did she like it? Was he a better kisser than me? Okay now I’m being ridiculous. I’m fucking perfect.

  ‘Don’t forget that little thing called air.’ Oops. I pull back and Thalia starts to choke. My bad.

  “Stop…doing…that,” Thalia says while out of breath. I growl and kiss Thalia’s neck gently before relaxing. I really have to remember to let Thalia breathe.

    Then again that other guy probably wasn’t thinking about Thalia’s need for oxygen. Why should it mater that Thalia kissed some other guy? I’ve probably given him a concussion and Thalia’s mine now. I growl because I know that deep down I want that guy dead. Maybe I can go back inside and finish the job.

  “I’m sorry. I was just trying to protect Annjie. I didn’t mean to make you upset,” Thalia whispers while pulling me closer. Oh no. What kind of mate am I? Now Thalia is probably feeling bad. I never want that. When I pull back, Thalia is trying to blink back tears. Damn I didn’t think about her feelings. I might as well have been that other guy if Thalia’s crying in my arms.

  “Thalia I…well I didn’t mean to make you upset,” I say.

  “But you didn’t. I did. I didn’t know you or your wolf would feel this way for so long. I…I just wasn’t thinking and I’m…well I’m sorry,” she says as a few tears fall from her cheek. My heart breaks and I wipe away Thalia’s tears. I hate seeing my mate cry. What can I do to fix this?

  “I’m not upset at you Thalia. I’m upset at the guy who kissed you. If you want, I’ll let you go inside and kill him,” I say. I’m sure Thalia would like that.

   Thalia giggles lightly before saying, “I can’t waste a bullet on him. Too much trouble. Can we go somewhere? I don’t want to go to the pack. I kind of…want you all to myself for a while.” Thalia bites her lip before looking up at me and I nod. Now that’s a great idea.