Ch. 32-Flowers

Caleb’s POV

Mr. Caleb M. Ambrogio,

   I assure you this is no trick. Inside are images that I think you will find alarming. This is simply a warning. You have something unique on your hands. It’s something I have been watching over the years and unless you cooperate, I’ll do more damage than you can ever imagine.

  Mr. Ambrogio there’s no need to get animalistic over this. Everything can really be worked out face to face. I want you to stop sniffing around my affairs, and become concerned about your own. Do not try to contact me, I’ll contact you.

                         Ms. Julia Teletas.

    I empty the envelope, and pictures and documents cover my desk. I notice a theme in all of these pictures, Thalia. There are many pictures of her smiling as a kid, I assume before her eighth birthday. There’s even a picture of her sleeping alone. As I continue to carefully look through the pictures I see one of Thalia at least thirteen years old. She’s looking up, not directly at the camera, and sliding a blade back into her boot. Does Thalia know about these pictures?

    I see Thalia in mid fight with a lot of men, and I also see her too close to comfort with a lot of men. These must be during her missions, but seeing Thalia flirting with another guy has me growing upset.  There’s even a picture of Thalia kissing another guy. How many missions has Thalia been on?

   There are a few pictures of Thalia standing over a dead body, her unfortunate victim I assume, and I’m shocked to say the least. The sweet, fragile Thalia I know could have never killed so many people. This is like serial killer numbers. I decide to stop looking at the pictures and focus on the documents. How bad can the documents be?

   One is her birth certificate. July twenty ninth is the day my love was born, and at eleven sixteen p.m. Thalia’s birthday is tomorrow. I completely forgot. I growl in frustration as I notice a few purchases of weapons. Some of these weapons are illegal in the States. I know Thalia’s lived in seven countries based on these records and almost everything has her listed as Parsley Lemare.

   There are a few pictures of her just sitting in random places. I can make out Spanish words in one of the pictures. This is just ridiculous. Whoever this is, Julia Teletas, must have wanted Thalia since the day she was born. Why? Does she know that Thalia’s a mixed breed? That has to be it, but what does Teletas want? And what did she mean when she said she would contact me? This is just not making sense to me. I reach for my phone and pray that this call will go through.

  “Yes?” a familiar voice asks. Thank the Ancestors.

  “Did you tell anyone about my mate, Enrico?” I growl. This is serious. Someone could be watching me right now. With the phone in hand I close the blinds. I’m not taking any chances.

  “What are you talking about? No I didn’t say anything,” he growls. Enrico’s not used to being questioned, but I need answers now.

  “I have a whole package about my mate. Pictures from her childhood and birth certificates are inside. I have copies of illegal items purchased, and even a photo of my mate with her mother doing magic. If you could give me a clue about what the hell is going on, that would be great,” I say with my anger growing. I’m just trying to protect my mate. I will protect Thalia at all costs.

  “Not a clue. Is there a name?” he asks.

  “Yeah. You’re little friend Julia Teletas. I want to know where I can find her,” I growl. The line goes quiet for a while and that worries me. Does Enrico know something that I don’t?