Ch. 39-Calls

Hey guys! Yeah you! You should definitely vote right now. I would really appreciate it. Make sure you comment later too. I’d love that and you guys love it when I’m happy. Right? That means faster updates. Hahaha! Here ya go!

*********************************

Caleb’s POV

    I stroke my mate’s hair even though it’s early morning and hate myself for it. I just couldn’t get into a deep sleep after Enrico filled me in at the wedding. Apparently Enrico has all the ingredients for this antidote of his, but he needs Thalia’s DNA. I don’t want his so called antidote to back fire and hurt my mate. I will never let that happen.

   I asked Enrico what he planned to do with the antidote, and Enrico said he would bring it to the heart of the wizard council. There Enrico plans to build bridges between wizards and werewolves. Enrico wants to do a lot of tests and experiments. There’s just one problem. Thalia.

     First and foremost, my mate is not a lab rat. People will want to hurt her. This hatred between wizards and werewolves has been around for centuries. It can’t end by a simple over the counter pill. I believe that Enrico isn’t thinking rationally. I think he’s just obsessed with the potential power.

     It’s not bad to want things. I wanted a mate and got Thalia, the best thing that’s ever happened to me. My poor mate stayed inside after putting the kids to bed, and I did my best not to wake her. All I did last night was help Thalia out of her dress so she could sleep more comfortably.

   Thalia rolls into my bare chest and continues to breathe evenly. That makes me smile and think of how wonderful she is. My mate is perfect, yet so fragile. I will protect her. Thalia snuggles even closer to me and whispers my name. Even while sleeping, Thalia wants me. It’s a shame I can’t contain my sexiness.

    Enrico also mentioned a threat. Apparently news about a new mixed breed in this parish spread after that wizard attack in the woods. Enrico claims that wizard magic is in the air and strong west of his pack.

    Should I find that to be a relief? Probably, but I just can’t. Other werewolves, even Alphas, don’t have to deal with things like this and I feel like I’m buried ten feet deep with problems.

    ‘We have to deal with it or mate won’t be happy,’ my inner wolf stresses. You’re right wolf. I will make sure Thalia stays happy.

      I brush back some of Thalia’s messed up hair and watch her take a deeper breath. Crap. Did I wake her? Thalia just snuggles closer to me, she’s breathing on my chest at this point, and she puts one of her legs on top of mine. Nope she’s still sound asleep.

     Enrico also filled me in about the demon situation toward the north of my pack, but I easily put my priorities in order. Thalia is number one of course and I can’t leave her now to deal with demons who are more interested in stealing human souls. When they start to attack the werewolf community, then I’ll intervene.

     I try to imagine Thalia without me for a few days to handle that situation, but the thought is scary. All I can come up with is a bored and moody Thalia who will be constantly pestered by Cleo. It’s actually hard for me to not laugh at the thought.

     I glance at my angel and realize that I’m whipped just like the guys at the party claimed. Thalia’s happiness will always come before my own. It’s just the way mating works.

  “Mmm…babe?” is all I hear from Thalia’s lips. Her morning voice is sexy as hell, but I think I like it when she screams my name better.

  “Yes?” I whisper. Does she need something so soon?

    A smile soon lands on Thalia’s face and with her eyes still closed Thalia says, “I love you.”