Ch. 15-Milk

Hey guys! Sorry that this is a shorter chapter but you'll see why when you read the end. Um...yeah the ch. title is just something random ( a clue to the ending of the ch. I guess) so don't mind it much. Please vote (go ahead and do it NOWWW!!!!) and comment after. Please and Thank you are the magic words apparently. What ever happened to 'yo YOU!' and "DO AS I SAY NOW!' Yes? No? Maybe so? H3ll NAW?!

****************************************

 Thalia’s POV

  “I’m fine,” I Say but Caleb growls. I’m still in his arms and Caleb won’t release me until I tell him what happened. This is like a blessing and a disaster all in one.

  “Please. You’re obviously upset. You just stopped crying,” he points out. I roll my eyes and try to move out of Caleb’s arms. I don’t want to talk about it.

  “So what? Just leave me alone,” I demand but Caleb pulls me closer.

   “Can’t do that, mate. You can either tell me here and now what happened or in bed where I promise I won’t leave you alone,” he says. Darn you Caleb with your good negotiating skills.

     I roll my eyes before saying, “Okay. Annjie and I got into a little fight. That’s it. It’s just a misunderstanding. Will you leave me alone now?” Why can’t Caleb do as he’s told for once?

  ‘That wouldn’t be the mate I love,’ Cleo says. Yeah, yeah.  

    Caleb kisses the top of my forehead before saying, “No. I’ve had a rough day if you can’t tell.” I laugh a bit before kissing Caleb’s cheek. I should just be glad he didn’t say something to embarrass me. Almost every sentence that comes from Caleb’s mouth can make me blush.

   “Well, fix us something to eat, Alpha Caleb,” I say sarcastically. When was the last time I ate?

     Caleb just sighs before asking, “Would you like some noodles to go with that sarcasm?” Ah Caleb. You know me so well but not well enough.

     “I’m more of a rice person,” I say and finally break free. Caleb’s touch is nice, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like I’m blushing more than necessary when I’m around Caleb.

     Caleb pouts before standing up and saying, “Alright. Hot Sausage and dirty rice?”

    “Sounds perfect baby,” I say before walking toward my room. I guess I can pass the time by doing my nails.

     I take out my black polish, black goes with everything, and set up near the window. I open the window and enjoy the breeze. It’s getting late. I didn’t realize. I begin to do my nails and think. I think about my family, especially my brother Clove. I miss him. He was everything I wanted to be. Then one day, he never came back. I waited for him by the door. Even while mom and dad were packing, I waited. Sage was by my side and we waited for Clove to come but…Clove never showed.

    A tear falls from my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. It’s not Clove’s fault. I can never think that. The roles could have easily been reversed and I wouldn’t want Clove or Sage to blame me. I try to stop whatever tears threaten to fall. If Caleb sees me crying, he’ll immediately think he did something. I really love Caleb but sometimes he wants to know too much about me.

    ‘He’s just protective,’ Cleo says. I shrug and take a deep breath. I can faintly smell dinner. I’m starving. ‘You could go help mate,’ Cleo says, but I giggle. There’s no way. I’m tired. ‘You are not a good mate,’ Cleo says.

    I blow on my nails and smirk. Maybe I’m not the best mate, but I’m Caleb’s mate. It’s a good thing that Caleb loves me. When I look around the room, I notice that it could look better. Items of clothes are on the floor, the bed isn’t made, and the drawers are open. I can fix this when my nails dry.