Ch. 33-Happy Birthday

Hey guys!!! Well….as a mini recap-Thalia’s been kidnapped. Yep….Did you click that vote button yet? Go on and do that. I’ll wait.

Waiting.

Waitingg.

Wai- I’m tired of waiting. Okay now on with the chapter.

*****************************

Caleb’s POV

  “Hello?” I call out while walking into my house. Why does my pack seem like a ghost town?

  “Hello dear,” Grams says from the living room.

   When I walk in the living room, I spot Grams doing a little needle work like the woman on the TV. If Grams is here, I’ll take this as a good sign. I don’t know why I’ve felt on edge for the past hour. Maybe I’m just hungry. I head for the kitchen, and my inner wolf growls. What is it Wolf?

  ‘Mate is nervous,’ he says. Oh really? Where is Thalia anyway? I walk around the house quietly with lemonade in hand so that I don’t disturb Grams. Maybe Thalia is playing a trick on me.

    When I walk into my room I notice that it’s surprisingly clean. Thalia must not have used magic today. Even the faint smells of plants that I’ve grown accustom to is not in the air. I yawn from fatigue, and gulp my lemonade. Where can my mate be? When I head for my office, I see a note on the door in Thalia’s handwriting. Thank goodness. I was starting to get worried.

   Boys’ gone fishing

             Xoxo Mate.

     There’s a kiss mark on the note, and I can’t help but smirk. I guess going fishing is alright. I have a good fishing spot on the outskirts of my territory so that’s not a problem. Plus Sage is with her. Nothing will happen, but why did my inner wolf say Thalia is nervous? Maybe she doesn’t know how to fish and is embarrassing herself. I wish I could see that. I feel someone tapping on the bond and I hope its Thalia.

  “Yes?” I question.

  “Is Josie over there?” Zeke asks through the bond. Thanks a lot hope.

  “Nope. Neither is Thalia. I think they went fishing,” I reply through the bond. It only takes two seconds for Zeke to start laughing uncontrollably. I hate inside jokes I’m not involved in so I growl to get his attention. I walk into my office as Zeke tries to calm down.

  “Sorry. I just thought I heard ya say Josie and fishing in the same sentence,” he says through the bond.

  “I did…” Is that so hard to believe?

  “Oh…well I’ll see where she is through the bond.” Yeah Zeke should do that.

    I try to reach Thalia through the bond, but it’s a complete failure. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to connect to my mate. Maybe it’s because of the magic in her. I sigh before diving into some work. Now that I have a better understanding of Julia Teletas, maybe more solutions will hit me.

  “Caleb?” Zeke asks through the bond.

  “Yep?” I ask while taking another sip of lemonade.

  “All the girls are at a flower shop in the city,” he says. Lemonade is spilled everywhere as my eyes widen, and I’m left choking. What the hell?

     I take deep breaths before demanding through the bond, “Location. Now.”

    Zeke says he’ll get back to me and I stand up. I have to find Thalia. Why can she never listen to me? All the land in my pack I have for her must not have been good enough. Why mother fucking not? Ugh Thalia can just get me so upset at times.