~ Chapter 3 ~

I sat up in bed it was 5:00 am, I really struggled to sleep the night before, only four hours of proper sleep...

'Good enough'

I shrugged and got up, slowly putting on my uniform and lazily brushing my hair.

'I am definitely going to fall asleep in class today...'

I sighed, frowning at my reflection.

'Do I always look this bad...?'

Stupid self-loathing, disgusting life destroyer, I'd rather death than you.

I headed down stairs, my parents were having a lazy morning from their late night. I put in my earbuds and started listening to my favorite music. I ate breakfast got ready and headed out to school. That's how it always is get up, get ready, school, homework, sleep and repeat. No one can break this vicious cycle of life until they die.

.

~~~~~~~~~

.

I finally got to school, after me and Hiro greeted each other at the gate we both went to our respective classes.

Math class was a bore and I can't say literature was any better, 3 hours of gruelling work before I finally got to eat lunch.

I heard a ding from my phone, indicating I received a message.

'Please don't be that strange number...'

I sighed in relief to see it was from Hiro.

Hey, I won't be able to join you for lunch, I have work for the council I need to finish, sorry! 😭

Its totally fine, besides I'll explore the school a bit more. ☺️

Nice! See you after school!

Bye!

I closed my phone, and stuck it in my pocket, walking towards my locker.

As I was pulling my lunch out of my locker I saw a familiar head run by me...

'Yui?' My face contorted into worry.

But I put my head back down as if I saw nothing...I pretended to be unbothered.

'I'm sorry.' I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath before walking around looking for a nice spot to eat my lunch.

I turned a corner to find the staircase leading to the roof.

'That'll help me keep my mind off things', I smiled sadly, before opening the doors and climbing up the stairs.

The breeze blew on me softly clearing my mind and making me feel at ease. I found a nice bench with an overlook of the view to sit on.

I sat down, contently sighing before opening my lunch.

'Time to dig in.'

I pulled out the delicious food my parent made me and was about to take a bite before hearing a high pitch scream...

« Laito, please let me go! », an all too familiar voice said.

I sighed, the world really hates me doesn't it...

I creeped over to where I heard the scream, a red-head with a fedora hat was pinning Yui to the wall.

I gritted my teeth and huffed.

'I'm going to regret this deeply in the future.'

But before I could do anything, I saw him...bite her?!