~ Kanato ending ~

Again, another character I don't like. So, excuse this not so good chapter-

----------

I laughed with Kanato as we had a small tea party with all of his stuffed animals, and there were a lot.

He poured me another cup of tea before grabbing a cookie from my plate.

"Hey-"

"They're my cookies, I just shared them with you.", Kanato stated with a frown I nodded my head quickly in order not to anger him.

I was getting used to his temper tantrums, mood swings and childish demeanour. It was as though I almost found it...Cute?

"Ne, y/n, are you listening?", Kanato asked angrily. I turned to look at him hurriedly.

"Yes, sorry Kanato.", I said, smiling at him.

Kanato smiled and continued blabbering about Teddy and how much he loves him.

I rested my head on my hand as I admired Kanato. He was so adorable, I really couldn't compare to him. But, I was fine with that.

"Ne, Kanato, you know...you're really cute.", I smiled at him as he turned his head to me with a look of awe on his face.

"Repeat that.", he said, his face held an unreadable expression.

I was scared, had I possibly said something wrong?!

"W-what?", I stuttered in fear, and tensed up immediately.

"Repeat, please.", he urged me and I obviously complied.

"You're very cute.", I smiled nervously and started fidgeting nervously with my hands.

Kanato smiled widely, jumped from his chair and hugged me tightly. Despite spilling the tea in the beautiful china set which had now shattered on the floor.

I yelped as my back hit the floor with a thump and Kanato smiled into my neck hugging me even tighter.

"K-Kanato...I can't breathe...", I muttered gasping, smiling and laughing at the same time.

Reluctantly, Kanato got off of me. He had a big bright smile on his face.

"Y/n...Does that mean you love me?", Kanato's smile grew even wider. I on the other hand, had the reddest face.

"Er, uhm, well, I mean-", I muttered to myself nervously and I saw Kanato's smile slowly drop.

"Y/n.", I turned to stare at Kanato, fear flashing in my eyes as I saw his face, he had tears in his eyes and he has holding onto teddy with a deadly grip.

"Oh my gosh, Kanato, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm just a little nervous, is all.", I rushed to wipe his face but he stopped my hand with his gripping onto my wrist.

"Leave.", he ordered angrily.

"No, Kanato, you don't understand-", I tried reasoning and explaining my feelings but to no avail.

"GET OUT!", Kanato screamed angrily, pushing my hand away. I flinched but nodded sadly and walked away.

I broke down as I closed my door behind me, I really did love him, he didn't let me explain. I cursed to myself for being so stupid.

I sighed as I contemplated my life, staring at my plain ceiling. I turned to the side before I heard a knock at my door.

I took a shaky breath, "Yes?", I called out, my voice sounded strained from the amount of crying I had done.

I heard the door creak open and I looked over to see an apologetic Kanato at the foot of my bed. He held onto teddy as he stood there, as if expecting me.

"Kanato...", I mumbled sitting up to face him.

"Y/n...I'm sorry-", but before he could finish his sentence he started uncontrollably sobbing as he ran over to hug me. I returned the hug immediately as I cried into his shoulder.

"I know, if you don't like me, it's ok. We can just be friends", Kanato muttered sadly, I heard the bitterness in his voice. It pained him to say those words.

I smiled sadly and made Kanato face me.

"Kanato, you never let me finish what I had to say earlier.", Kanato looked at me slightly confused.

"Kanato...the thing is...I really do love you.", I smiled shyly and it suddenly felt difficult to keep eye-contact with him. I looked away in fear of him saying something brutally honest, as he usually did.

"Y/n...", Kanato sounded choked up, he turned my face to face him with his hand on my chin.

He had tears in his eyes, I stood up immediately to comfort him, I towered over him slightly because of his short height (Y'all, he's 5,5, and the idea of a reader who's taller than him is just..LGVNRL istg short ppl, if you guys come at me in the comments I'm killing u, I want to give my tall ppl a chance bcs the amount of fan-fics where the reader is always shorter KILLS me.)

I hugged him as I muttered sweet nothings into his ear and he cried into my chest.

"Y/n, you make me feel wanted, you have no idea how much I appreciate that. I finally feel like there's reason to this world because of you.", he smiled as I cupped his cheeks.

Right then and there, I kissed him, his lips tasted slightly sweet just like him.

He kept his hands on my shoulders as I kept mine on his cheeks, the kiss lasted a few moments before I pulled away with a small smile.

"You're everything for me Kanato."

OK WAIT BUT THIS IS WHOLESOME
So much crying tho...
Ok, but the tall readers, I hope y'all feel included bcs I love u sm ❤️
I'm hella short too...But I wanted to include all heights, body types, etc :))))
bye-