Chapter Two

Kai

I paced the deck of the bounty, my thoughts of failure filling my head. How could I have been so stupid into letting Lloyd be the decoy. Then to make matters worse we had let the actual Mechanic escape.

"I'm so stupid" I told myself. 

We had decided to head back to the Monastery and tell Master Wu about our failure, which I was not looking forward to. He had already disapproved of letting Asphera out to save Nya, but it had worked, Nya was back and Asphera had saved her.

 But then of course Asphera had found a way to escape. Then we had had full confidence that this plan with decoying Lloyd for the Mechanic would work. But we had lost our connection with him and now we had no idea where he was. 

The Bounty floated slowly across the sky over Ninjago City. I couldn't decide if I wanted the Bounty to go faster so we could get the conversation with Master Wu over with. Or if I wanted it to go slower so we never reached the Monastery so then we would never have to have the conversation about our plan that had failed the second we let the Mechanic escape.

 I was, however, excited to see Nya again. She had stayed behind to work on her new Samurai X suit. I was really happy to have her back. I know I didn't show my excitement like Jay did but I really was happy to have her back. 

I had felt like a piece of my life had disappeared with her. Now that she was back I felt like that piece had been restored. Slowly but surely we reached the Monastery. We anchored the Bounty above the Monastery and then climbed down the chain. The team marched into the Monastery and found Nya, Master Wu, Pixel, and Skylor on the couch.

"Skylor?" I was shocked to see her. Last time I had seen her was about an hour ago when she had lended a noodle truck to us to help us follow Lloyd. She hadn't come with us because she said she needed to stay at the Noodle factory. So what was she doing here? Not that I wasn't glad to see her, it just shocked me.

"Hey Kai," she said, getting up. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and I felt my face heat up.

"Nya!" Jay shouted and the two hugged. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the two lovebirds together.

"Skylor, I thought you had stayed behind because you needed to work at the noodle factory?" Zane asked.

"Well yes but then I figured I wanted to be ready if you guys needed more help so I came back here to wait." Zane nodded and then went over to stand next to Pixel. I saw the two grabb hands.

"So what was your plan this time?" Master Wu said getting up. The whole team tensed.

"Did it work?" Skylor asked. I looked at Cole, who was looking at Jay, who was looking at Zane, who was looking at me.

Cole spoke up and I was glad it was him and not me.

"Well yes and no....." Cole paused, then he said "okay more like no."

"What do you mean?" Nya asked, she was still holding Jay's hand.

"Well we were able to follow him for a little bit before we lost connection...." Cole went on.

"But we lost the Mechanic in the process," Zane said, cutting Cole off. Master Wu just nodded like he had expected this.

"So now we don't know where Lloyd is and the Mechanic is heading to the secret base which could foil everything....well it will foil everything" Jay said. Master Wu nodded again.

"I must think on this" Master Wu said then he left the room. We sat there in silence.

"Did he just tell us he's disappointed in us?" Jay asked. I glared at him.