Chapter Eight

Kai

I woke to a searing pain in my legs. I shifted in my bed but winced when I moved my legs. I expected the pain to be in only one leg but I soon found out that the pain was coming from both legs. 

I tried to sit up but even scooting upward with my arms required my legs to move which made me wince. I finally gave up and just laid back down. 

Man that had taken effort. I could feel little beads of sweat dripping down my forehead. I needed water or something for my throat because it was really dry.

 I looked around and found a little glass of water on my nightstand. I reached for it but without being blue to use my legs my arms didn't reach very far.

"Okay Kai you can do this" oh great I thought now I'm talking to myself. 

Again, I attempted to scoot myself up the bed. I bit my tongue to keep me from crying out in pain. I reached for the water glass but was still too far away to reach it.

 I scooted closer to the edge of the bed. Again I reached for the glass. This time I felt myself falling and I was too slow to catch myself.

 I fell off the bed and this time I couldn't keep in the pain. I cried out and tried to roll over onto my back but my legs hurt too much. 

I heard my door burst open then I heard Nya's voice.

"Kai! What happened here?" She rushed over to me but I couldn't see her. I only saw under my bed.

"I was being stupid" I grumbled

"Okay that makes more sense......But still!" Nya cried. "okay, stay here let me get help" Nay said.

 I heard her stand up and run out of my room. Ugh! This is so stupid I thought. 

I lay there on the floor and then decided I needed to start being independent. I took a deep breath and then rolled over onto my back. 

I grunted and was breathing hard when I got onto my stomach. I lay there on my stomach breathing hard and staring up at the ceiling. 

I don't know how long I lay there before my door bursts open. Nya, Skylor, Jay, Cole, Zane and Master Wu all came in. I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Hey guys!" I tried to wave but I fell onto my back. I sighed and didn't prop myself back up.

It took some time, but with the help from Jay and Cole I was now sitting up in bed chugging as much water as I could.

 Every time I finished one glass of water I would hand the cup to Nya and she would fill it back up with the water pitcher that was also on my nightstand. 

When I had finished my fifth glass of water I looked up at my friends who all had worried looks on their faces.

"How long have I been out?" I finally asked.

"About two days," Nya said, taking my cup. I stared stunned at her.

"What? Two days!" I shouted.

"You haven't missed anything," Nya said hurriedly. I sighed, I didn't want to miss any of the action especially with this Crystal King guy.

"So what's the next plan of action?" I asked. Nya sighed and looked at Jay. The whole room was suddenly filled with a very uncomfortable silence. Skylor sighed and came over to me.

"Kai.....this might be hard but it's going to take awhile for your legs to heal. We don't exactly know when you'll be able to walk again." Skylor said softly. I slumped down in my bed and folded my arms.