Chapter Ten, Part Three

(Jay)

WARNING: slight gore, viewer discretion advised.

Everything happened so quickly. It was hard to keep track of all the chaos going on, especially after being punched in the gut with hard scales. 

I zapped, kicked, punched, and insulted Asphera repeatedly, trying to win this fight. She kept trying to stab me with her spear, which I did not appreciate. My ears rang and my vision was blurry, and don't get me started on staying upright.

"Can't kill me, snakey girl!" I teased, trying to dodge Asphera's spear strikes.

"You will DIE!" she hissed, "Wait- no... you can't die yet. NEVERMIND."

I wasn't supposed to die yet! Yaaay! Now I can rest knowing the most I'd get was severely injured. Note the sarcasm I am currently using.

"I can't die?" I asked, "WOO! What do I got now? Invincibility?"

Asphera hit the side of my head with her spear's handle as she spun it. I yelped and held the side of my head.

"Okay! No to dying- yes to pain. Lovely!"

"I have no idea how you're ssstil alive."

"You and me both!"

Asphera cried out and stabbed the spear into my leg. And naturally, now my eyesight decides to phase in again. The sight of a sharp object sticking out of your own leg is a sight no one should have to see.

 Asphera grinned and twisted the spear, tearing apart more of my skin. I cried out and my ears rang so loudly I wasn't sure if my ears had broken right then and there.

"Idiot!' she hissed," You will die sssoon! And I hope I'll do the honorsss!"

I nodded and gripped the spear in my leg, trying to stop Asphera from pushing it any deeper. I sank to my knees and felt electricity flow in my veins. I cried out again as the serpent again pushed the spear deeper. I summoned my rage, anger, and electricity-ready to get rid of this snake.

"HEY!" I shouted, "I think you'll find this-" I winced as again the spear was dug deeper- "Shocking."

I sent electricity up the spear in a surge of energy. The more surface I'm able to get in contact with, the more I'm able to shock. Now, even without touching someone, I could zap someone silly, but with both hands on the spear and the metal spear tip in my leg allowed me to send Asphera flying backward. 

She screamed and jumped backward (Can serpentine really jump? Well- the snake equivalent of jumping anyway). I tried to steady my labored breathing, it wasn't easy. Okay- funny story; I don't remember what happened next. Yeah.. So this next little part is what my friends informed me of after the fight.

 I had pulled out the spear and threw it at Asphera, it clattered in front of her. I was informed I had flung some bad jokes at her, I'd like to think they were awesomely epic jokes. Now I was also told I had temporarily passed out- but that probably had nothing to do with the fact that I only remember staring at the sky, sprawled out on the concrete.

I stood up groggily, I had lost so much blood I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating. The rooftop was chaos, ninja and crystal council fighting, stains from blood scattered across the concrete. I had lost my weapon in the fight, so I was vulnerable. 

I breathed in and out, trying to make my vision less blurry. I still couldn't see much so I jumped when someone set their hand on my shoulder. I yelped and whirled around, facing my attacker. She chuckled, then drew in a sharp breath as if it had hurt. I widened my eyes and made out her shape.

"Nya?" I asked, "Is that you?"

"No, Nya's helping Kai," She said, "It's Skylor."

I exhaled, relieved that I was not currently in imminent danger. My eyes finally stopped being foggy and immediately wished I couldn't see. Skylor's clothes had blood stains all over it, and her arms clutched her torso.

"Are you alright?"

"Not really, but you're worse right now"

I raised my eyebrows and looked down at myself. I definitely looked worse, my tunic was stained with my blood and the gash in my leg looked so bad I had to command myself not to retch.

 I nodded and took a step forward. This was a bad idea. I staggered and started to fall. It hurt waaaaay too much to put pressure on my leg. Thankfully, Skylor caught me.

"Man!" She cried, "what is up with you ninja and getting your legs injured?"

"Yeah- me and Kai both got our legs smashed or stabbed."

"Not just you and Kai," she said glumly, "Nya's leg also got stabbed"

Excuse me? Nya was injured? She got stabbed! Why wasn't Skylor helping her instead of me? I was about to shout at Skylor to let go of me and help my Yang before I thought better of it.

 Skylor must've seen the look in my face because she reassured me Nya was alright. Asphera had retreated by now, in fact, all of the crystal council had stopped fighting.

"We best be going-" Harumi said, "but I think we might take a little souvenir... how does that sound?"

She looked around at the rest of her allies, their faces smiling. I glanced at Lloyd, was he really going to let her do this?

"Seems it's unanimous!" Harumi cheered, "Lloyd, Vangelis?"

Vangelis and Lloyd acted instantly, I almost didn't catch what happened. Lloyd put his sword to the side of Cole's neck, threatening to kill him. Vangelis held his spear pointed at the rest of us.

"In case you guys get any ideas" Vangelis growled, "I'll just have you know I will kill whoever gets close enough for my spear to reach"

The ex-king's skull hissed in agreement.

"Death! Death!" It screamed.

I felt my pulse speed up, my heart wanting to leap out of my chest. Lloyd wouldn't. But- they didn't want to kill him... they wanted to kidnap him. 

The two groups stood in a frozen scene, each one nervous to move. Or we were nervous to move and the council was just waiting to see what we'd do. It was Lloyd who spoke up first.

"Okay are we going to leave with this dude or are we just standing here?"

Harumi nodded and the rest of the council sighed (I guess they don't like standing around much either).

"Alright" Cole agreed, "now move, it's very annoying to stand here constantly worried that your neck is going to be sliced"

-SKH