Chapter Twenty One

Zane

Something was off. That much was clear. 

To be fair, everyone was on-edge from the discovery of Kai and Nya's absence. But my sensors felt like that wasn't the only problem. 

For one, I was worried about Jay. He'd left about an hour ago and if the crystal king was strong enough to manipulate others, especially more than one, what's stopping him from sending out a council member to crystallize Jay? 

For another, we had no way of knowing if Kai and Nya were alright. Neither one of them brought their gi, so there's no contacting them via the earpieces in their hood. 

I sighed and kept searching the room for clues.

"Zane," Pixal called, "Should I alert Master Wu about Nya and Kai's disappearance?"

"Yes," I said, " Thank you."

She nodded and exited the room.

"So uh- where's Wu anyway?" Cole asked, breaking the silence.

"He's meditating." I told him, "Room 449."

A small alarm pinged in my head and I quickly remembered the scan I'd done a few minutes earlier. I turned my attention to the notification, text appearing on the side of my vision display.

DNA scan complete. Female, Approximately 21 years. DNA match - Nya Smith.

The blood on the blanket was indeed from Nya. There was always a chance that the blood was Skylor's, that Nya was able to fight harder than her, even without powers. However, the blood matched with the former water ninja. It wasn't much, there were still many variables to the predicament, mainly: Where were they?

I ran a scan of the internet, searching for any reports matching their descriptions. After a few hundred articles, photos, and videos, I landed on one that had the right descriptions, as well as timestamp.

 It was a photograph taken out the window of a top floor apartment, angled to the side to show a ninja-suited Skylor, as well as Nya and Kai chasing after her running across building tops. The caption, for once, held useful information.

Wake up at midnite to 3 wakos runing acros buildings! So much for a good nites sleep! Those pepole ran all the way out of the city!

I swear, people try to misspell these things. 

Still, we at least know they left Ninjago CIty. If they left the city about midnight, and it was 7:49 now... that would mean they could be anywhere in a 56 mile (Or 90 KM) radius. Well, as long as they didn't use any other form of transportation- in which case I have no estimate.

"Zane," Cole called, " Figure something out?"

"Yeah." I said dimly, "though it's not all good news."

"When is it ever?" he sighed.

"Good news or bad news first?"

"Bad news," He shrugged, "That way I don't get my hopes up."

It was a depressing thought, yes, but a true one.

"It's Nya's blood." I gestured to the blanket draped over one of the chairs.

Cole took a deep breath, closed his eyes, gestured for me to go on.

"Well, we know that Kai and Nya chased Skylor out of the city. Around midnight."

Cole was silent for a while, his eyes trained on the floor below him.

"How are we going to find them?"