Chapter Sixteen

Thank you all so much for 2K!! It amazes me and Ocean Cookie that our random fan fiction on a kids show would get over two thousand reads, let alone on chapter sixteen! Thank you all for your support and we hope ya'll enjoyed the book so far! Again, sorry for the delay on the posting of this chapter, we'll try our hardest to make sure we have our chapters out on time each week. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy chapter sixteen!

Kai

Cole pulled the team to the back of the restaurant. I was very confused why but Cole looked very serious and if he looked that serious then something must be wrong.

"Guys....." he started "That's not Skylor" He said. 

I looked back at Skylor. She was talking with Garmadon which I found strange but I left it alone. While I was looking at her she looked up at me and gave me the death glare. I shuddered and turned back to Cole.

"What do you mean?" Nya asked.

"Okay well it is Skylor but it's not.....she's different I don't know how but she has been Crystalized just like Lloyd. I think it's...." Cole was cut off when I heard Skylor's voice from behind me.

"Hey guys I'm about to close up" Skylor said, coming over to us. I could tell she was trying to stand the farthest away from me.

"Great we were just about to leave" Cole said

"We were?" Jay asked and Cole elbowed him in the arm. "Ow!" Jay groned

"Yes, Jay we were." Cole said in a very obvious voice.

"What ever" Skylor scoffed, me and Nya met eyes and both gave each other confused looks.

 We later found out that Master Wu had already gotten us rooms at the same apartment as Skylor. We each had a roommate. Skylor offered for Nya to stay with her. Otherwise it was me and Jay in one room and Cole and Zane in another. 

When Jay and I entered our apartment room I found the nearest bed and collapsed. There were two rooms in the apartment. They were across from each other, I had the one on the left and Jay had the one on the right. We didn't have anything to unpack. So I tried to get some sleep, but most of the time I just tossed and turned in bed. 

I kept having this weird thought that I should talk to Skylor. But I kept ignoring it, I didn't want to talk to her and she probably wanted nothing to do with me. 

Around 1:30am I decided that trying to sleep was hopeless, the nagging feeling kept getting stronger. I got up and left the apartment as quietly as I could. I thought maybe just walking around would clear my thoughts. As I turned a corner I ran straight into someone.

"Hey! Watch it!" A girl's voice shirecked.

"Sorry I-" I stopped when I realized the person I had run into was Skylor. 

We stared at each other for a while. Her purple eyes were bright and vibrant, they made me shiver. I was not used to seeing her with the purple. I missed her sparkly amber eyes and her bright smile she always gave me when I was being stupid. She didn't smile too much anymore though. Her bright smile had been replaced with a deep scowl.

"Sorry" I said, trying to step past her but she stepped the same way.

 I stepped left and she followed, we stepped right then left then right until finally Skylor grabbed my shoulders. She then went to my left and I walked right. I kept my back towards her as I felt her walk away. The feeling that I should talk to her was stronger than ever. I finally let my instincts take over.

"Skylor!" I said louder than I intended. 

She stopped but she didn't turn around.

"Look, I want to apologize. I really didn't mean to hurt you in the way I did" I said the words spilling out of my mouth faster than I could stop them. 

She finally turned around to face me, she still wasn't smiling though.

"Kai, I appreciate your sorry but-" she stopped and I thought I saw her eyes flash back to her regular amber color. She stumbled and clutched her head.

"Skylor?" I asked and I ran to her. She held out her hand singling for me not to come any closer.

"I'm fine" she said, then she turned around fast.

"Goodnight" she said and then she sprinted off down the hall. 

That was weird. I thought, my mind kept flashing to what her eyes had done. They had gone back to her normal color, had she been fighting the Crystallization? 

My mind was spinning as I headed back to my room. I went back to my room and laid down on my bed looking up at the ceiling. I didn't sleep through the events of the minutes earlier left way too many questions for me to sleep.

 I woke up again about ten minutes later in cold sweat. Another nightmare, I thought. I tried to fall back asleep but couldn't so I decided to take yet another walk to clear my mind. As I passed Nya and Skylor's room though I found the door had been left open.

 I went inside the doorway and looked around. It looked like there had been a fight, a coffee table was flipped over and several glass things had been shattered. I heard a groan and my eyes took me to Nya who was getting up while holding her arm.

"Crud she got away" She muttered looking at the window that I just now noticed had been smashed.

"Uh Nya?" I asked and her eyes snapped up to me "what happened here?"

"We need to follow her. It could be our only chance to find Harumi and Lloyd" Her words rang in my ears.

"Which way did she go?" I asked

"She smashed the window and then jumped out, that's when I blacked out," Nya said. 

My eyes went to her right arm that she was holding

"You okay?" I asked

"Yea i'm fine" she said hastily, running over to the window. "come on"

 I ran over and stood next to her looking out at Ninjago Cities lit up buildings. Suddenly I spotted an orange blur, when my eyes focused I could see it was Skylor jumping from roof to roof.

"There!" I shouted and Nya looked to where I was pointing, she nodded and then jumped out the window herself. When she landed on another room's balcony she looked back up at me with a smirk.

"Well are you coming?" she asked.

 I took a deep breath to steady my racing heart then I jumped out the window myself.

-OceanCookie