Chapter Seventeen

Lloyd

My mind was not happy with me. My thoughts giving me piercing headaches. 

Both Skylor and Cole were on the ninja's side- so why had they changed? I know it had something to do with the King's crystals, but something about it is strange. The bracelets changed their eye color, their personality, and their powers- right? 

Did the bracelet Rumi gave me do the same? 

I know she told me to answer any questions they had about their past with something along the lines of hitting their head or a lack of sleep but... 

My mind flashed back to when I was chatting with Pythor, he'd mentioned things that he shouldn't know and things I don't know. I remembered the flash of purple scales but- that doesn't mean.... 

I remembered what Cole had said: "Although it doesn't matter, the green ninja here is coming with me." Then the ninja were saying stuff about me not being myself- 

did Rumi-? 

No she... 

was I crystallized? Was I a ninja?

"Lloyd?"

A voice shook me out of my thoughts, she sounded worried. I looked up and Harumi was standing in the doorway.

"Yes Love?"

She recoiled, letting out a sharp inhale.

"Yeah... you're not calling me that"

"Sorry Rumi," I said, shifting slightly.

Her gaze softened and she walked over to me, sitting down next to me. The bed dipped down slightly under our weight.

"you're fine," she reassured me,"I'm just- not used to... this yet"

She gestured to her and I. I gave her a thin smile, if she's even considering something between us it was a miracle. Especially if- if I used to be someone else, someone she despised.

"So, what are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I heard you rambling and decided to check in on you."

I gave her a quizzical look.

"Rambling?"

"Yes rambling!" She looked shocked, "You didn't hear yourself?"

I shook my head, earning a soft laugh from Harumi.

"Seriously? You were rambling on about scales, eyes, and ninja." She told me, "what are you on?"

It might've been a serious question, but I laughed nonetheless.

"Nothing I swear, my mind's just crazy!"

"How do you always know what to say?" She laughed.

"It's just who I am." I shrugged.

Although- it might not be the real me.

Harumi must've seen my expression fall because she put her hand on top of mine.

"hey, you alright?"

I looked back up and smiled

"you're here." I told her, "How could I be anything less than amazing?"

She smiled and all doubts about who I was, well they weren't important right now. All I wanted was to stay with Harumi, with her beautiful purple eyes and fierce personality. Rumi was perfect, and no one could tell her otherwise.

Less than a minute later she averted her gaze, although she still let her hand rest on mine. I'm not quite sure why, but she didn't really look me in the eyes.