1.9

We sit around the dinner table as Jack tries to catch my attention but I ignore him.

I didn't want to give in to Jack and I knew as soon as I saw him I obey anything he tells me to do.

As I talk to Harahel we soon hear the doorbell ring making all of us freeze.

Harahel get's up and looks back at Jack with a look telling him to protect me.

We wait patiently for Harahel to return.

I knew Jack was trying to listen so I tried to make as little sound as possible.

Harahel soon return but not alone.

With him was a girl.

She was tan and had red hair as she looks between me and Jack with a smirk.

Jack growled at her which makes me look at him with confusion.

If Harahel seemed to trust her I don't understand why he doesn't.

"Hello Jack, nice to finally see you again"

"Wish I could say the same but I'd be lying"

I clear my throat awkwardly.

"Carrie this is Naya she's here to help us-"

"We don't need her help!" Jack shouts

"Jack, the more people to protect Carrie the safer she'll be. Naya's only one out of the few who I've request-"

"Who gave you the right to make these decisions! She is not yours to protect! She's mine! I can protect her by myself!" Jack yells as his eyes become pitch black and his fangs begin to grow as he looks between them with deadly eyes.

I begin to panic not knowing what to do.

"Jack please calm down" I say as I try to move away from him.

Jack grabs me as I look at Harahel begging for help.

Instead of him rushing over like I expected he gave me a look telling me everything is going to be fine.

Jack holds me in his arms as he hides his face in my neck leaving me surprised.

This was honestly not what I was expecting.

I hear let out on last sigh as he pulls away.

I hesitantly look up at him to see his brown eyes staring back at me with a apologetic expression.

I give him a small smile letting him know that everything was fine.

He let's out a deep breath obviously trying to control his emotions as his faces Harahel again.

"Um, so who else is coming?"