2.5

Before we can respond Harahel walks in.

He looked exhausted and his body was covered with bruises as he collapsed in the closest chair.

Natalie walked over to him with an ice pack in her hand as she holds it on his cheek while he looked at her lovingly.

The sight made me smile.

Did Jack and I look like that when we were together?

"What happened" Jack asks breaking the silence.

"We defeated them but more were coming so we decided to leave, I couldn't risk losing anymore life"

I nod understandably but looked to the ground in guilt.

They were fighting for me.

They were willing to lose their life to defend me.

I look over at Harahel as he gives me knowing frown.

I shake my head and smile thankfully.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask

"Some are getting medical help while others are resting"

I nod my head when I feel someones arms wrap around my waste.

I gasp slightly in shock as I look up and see Jack giving me a reassuring smile.

"Was Hunter there?"

Harahel hesitated for a bit before nodding.

"He arrived just after you left"

I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if we didn't leave when I did.

I felt Jack tighten his hold around me as I look up at him but he seems to be too busy with his thoughts to realise.

Eventually he looks down at me as he realises his hold was tightening as he instantly loosens it.

"Sorry" he mumbles

I smile at him and focus my attention back on Harahel.

"What happened, what did he say?"

Harahel doesn't say anything but instead hands me a note.

(Okay I have a question for my American reader or whoever this refers to. Are Goldfish (like the food) like chip things because I think we have the same kinda thing over here but we call them jumpys and they're shaped like kangaroos because this has been kinda annoying me for a while and I need to know.

This chapter is dedicated to totallytypical because she's kinda cool haha. Please go check out her books and vote/comment.

Also I think I'm going to start dedicating chapters again to people who comment.

P.S this chapter is kind short but I'll be updating tomorrow to make up for it and I'll try and make it longer.)