2.6

Hello my dear,

I've heard a lot about you. You may not know me since I'm aware that some people like to keep things from you but my name is Hunter. I'm known in the supernatural world for many things but what I'd like to say is watch your back princess. Not everyone is who they seem. If they have told you about me they would have told you that I'm coming to kill you. Now I'm not saying they're lying because I can't have my weakness running around aimlessly being easily targeted by the 'good guys' to come encourage you to fight me but I still wanted to look out for you. Even the people you thought you could trust will and have betrayed you. I don't want you living your last few days in regret so I would suggest you to be wary of those you trust.

Love Hunter

I look down at the letter unable to speak.

I look up at Jack who eyes me curiously waiting for me to respond.

Instead I shove the note in my pocket and walk quickly to my room before shutting the door.

Maybe Hunter was trying to play with me but I couldn't help but question his letter.

Maybe there was people around me that weren't as trustworthy as they seem.

I was too caught up in my thoughts to realise Jack had entered the room.

His presence makes me jump but I soon relax as I see the worried expression.

"I'm sorry" I sigh

"What happened back there Carrie?"

"I... I don't know I just, do you trust the people here with us?"

He hesitates for a moment before shrugging.

"I don't know, why what did the letter say"

"Nothing don't worry"

"Why are you being like this?"

"I'm scared Jack!" I snap.

And I was. I was terrified that he was right.

I look back at Jack to see his eyes soften as he wraps his arms around me before he picking me up bridle style and carries me over to the bed.

"You're telling me, that the girl who decided to be give attitude to some creature she found in her room is scared"

"That's different"

"How?"

"Because it was you"

"Well I think you're not giving yourself enough credit. Hunter is juts like a particular darkness, the scary kind that people fear but you know best of all that the darkness is harmless and sometimes can be full of things and beauty that the light can't-"

"Like you"

He looks down at me and smiles before kissing my lips the smile still remaining before he unwillingly pulls away.

"Just remember he can't scare you unless you let him"

"Just like the darkness"

"Just like the darkness" he confirms

(A/N This chapter is dedicated to mrym1133 Thank You!