7

Chapter Seven

Lily:

Today was the carnival in the city. My friends and I wanted to go. I knew that Fez was there too, selling drúgs and Pretzels, but these as a cover.
I met with Kat, Jules was with us, we got ready separately and then met there. I was late and hurried down the stairs of my house.
"I'm going on the carnival." I shouted.

"Hold on." Mum stopped me. "I haven't seen you in a good time. Where were you? I only heard you coming in late."

"Fez."

"Still Fez ? I think he's not good for you, he's a drug dealer."

"He is my best friend! But how do you know about what he's doing?"

"Dad told me..."

"How does he know?"

Mum went quiet.

"Mum?"

"When you were on a school trip a few years ago we bought weed."

I laughed. "Okay."

"Are you taking drugs?"

"I'm not taking drugs."

"After that party you smelled like weed."

"Just weed." I rolled my eyes.

My mum scoffed.

"You just told me that you smoked yourself so don't judge me."

She sighed.

I nodded. "Fez is my best friend mum."

"I still don't think its right..."

"He's the person I talk about everything mum, he's so important to me... Anyways. Where is dad?" I tried to change the topic. I knew that Fez was a drug dealer wasn't a good impression.

"Not here."

"Where?"

"I don't know."

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrows.

"He's not here for a reason."

"What the fuck mum?"

"Don't curse at me!" Mum punched the table. I flinched. I wanted to leave immediately, she was getting aggressive again.

"Mum, I just want to know where he is, he's my dad."

"He's not home."

I took a deep breath trying not to explode. "Did he rent a room? Or what?!"

"Yes. He's not sleeping here."

"What?! You must be kidding me! Just get a divorce already! You've been fighting none stop!" I couldn't stop myself. "Oh! That's also why I'm barely here. I can't fucking take it anymore."

"But we love each other."

"That's so toxic. You fight every day. Do everyone and yourself a favour and divorce."

"Lily."

"No... I'm going now." I walked out and shut the door loud behind me.

..........

I took the bus to the carnival. I was half an hour late and I couldn't fin Kat and Jules. "Where are you?" I called Kat. "I'm at the entry... okay hurry." I sighed. I was already late and Kat and Jules even later.