20

Chapter Twenty

Fezco:

The next morning I woke up and rolled over to check on Lily but she wasn't there. Fast I stood up and opened the door. I looked through the house.

"Okay thank you so much Leslie." I heard her say. Her voice was coming from Ash's room.  I knocked.

"Yeah?" Ash said and I opened the door.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

Lily put her phone down. "Leslie called me. "

"Oh! What did she say?" I walked in and closed the door.

"Rue is now in rehab at home. It's hard for her."

"Shit..." I sighed and sat next to them. "But good. I hope it helps."

"Yeah." Lily nodded and took my hand.

"Good morning. Are you guys hungry?" Faye knocked and opened the door.

"Uhm..." Lily blinked irritated at her.

"Morning. Yeah." I answered. I noticed in the last days that she was more communicating with us and overall seemed better than before.

"I made omelette."

"Okay nice." I nodded. I saw that Lily and Ash looked confused at each other.

We all got up and walked to the kitchen.

"That's weird." I heard Ash say to Lily.

I looked around, she nodded. "I know."

"Soo Faye ehm. Why did you cook?" I asked.

"You know... I've been here for so long I wanted to give something back."

"Okay, thanks man." I smiled a little, she smiled back at me.
I gazed at Lily and Ash they were talking quietly to each other. I clenched my jaw.
"Why didn't she wake me up?"
I placed my hand on Lily's thigh and stroke over it. She smiled at me and and intertwined her hands with mine to let it rest on her thigh.
"Everything is fine, Fezco." I told myself.

Faye brought us the omelettes and we began ate.

"How are they?" Faye asked since no one of us said anything.

"Good." Lily said.

"Oh thank you." Faye nodded happily.

We ate and soon Faye stood up and cleaned the dishes in the kitchen.

"I'm gonna shower." Lily stood up and also me.

"Lily." I said and stopped her with my hand. She turned around to me and looked up at me.

"What's up?" She tilted her head.

"Why didn't you wake me up when Leslie called."

"I was already up. I was in the bathroom when she called me. I wanted to get back but heard noise from Ash's room so I went to him and didn't want wake you up, just give you the update later." She played with her fingers.