25

Chapter Twenty Five

Fezco:

With a slight scream I woke up. Next to me was Lily asleep facing the airplane window, I looked to my right. Ash sat next to me, watching a movie an his phone.

"You alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah yeah..." I whispered still in shook.

His dream was what could've happened if they didn't leave. But they did, they were going to somewhere safe.

Before they left Fez finally brought his grandma to a daycare and left her a note, in case she would ever wake up. They chose the daycare where Lily's mum worked. She gave them updates about Marie's health.

Everything had to be fast. Last minute they get new passports and new ID's from someone Ash had contacts with. Before leaving they dumped Custer's body deep in the woods and buried him. Faye had to swear on her live to shut up.

Then they left to the airport.

Lucky for them there was a really bad car accident with three people that couldn't be identified anymore.
The rumor was that it was Fez, Lily and Ash. They organised a funeral.
Ash was begging Fez and Lily to be on their own funeral but they had no time.
Lily felt horrible to leave Maddy and Claire and the rest of her family and friends behind but it was the better, till the police would drop the case. They knew that they were now fugitives and need to build a new life.

Lily was now Louise Stokes.
Fezco, Fynn Warlow.
And Ashtray was Ashton Warlow.

They lived in Costa Rica, right at the coast in a little town. Fez and Lily could live the life they always wanted. They had a big garden where they grew vegetables and even had chickens and goats. Ash went to school soon graduated. They left the drug business behind and started a new healthy life.
Lily was working at a flower shop where she met wonderful people. Fez also started working at an auto repair shop where he had the opportunity to work on a vintage car and keep it.

Twice a year Lily's family would come and visit but in different places so if they would be watched they were safe. But it's been more than half an year the situation should've calmed down so maybe they would visit their actual home the next time.

..........

Lily:

We've been here living for 8 months now. The people were super nice and welcomed us very fast. We were glad that we had it easy, not everyone had it like that.
We got used to our new home and not using our phones or for Ash not playing his computer games.

It was Saturday and a beautiful day. Fez wanted to take me on a day out. We had a lot of time for ourselves since Ash had his own little place in a renovated garden shed. I think we were all glad when we finally had renovated it.

The first weeks had been tough for Fez and I. We were fighting a lot with no special reason, we were both stressed and had to get used to the new life.
It was better now and we were happy.

..........

Fez and I were hiking along the coast line with a wonderful view.

I looked out to the horizon, the sun was slowly going down and a beautiful sunset already appeared setting everything in a orange pink light. It was beautiful.
"Fez this is beautiful. I love it here. We have-" I looked around to him and gasped. I couldn't keep talking.

"Lily Sinclair... well Louise Stokes. I've been in love with you since we were kids. I never told you and I was a fool for that because I could've had you so much longer. You are everything I ever wanted. You are the reason I wake up every morning. You are the light in my dark days. We have been going through up and downs but it was always us and it will always be us. I love you so much. I want to make it forever. " He grinned. "Do you want to marry me? Be mine forever?"

I stared at him and I laughed. "Yes. I do. What the hell?! Yes I will marry you!" I began to cry when Fez put the ring on my finger. It was a beautiful green sapphire with a very detailed gold ring.

Fez laughed and we kissed. "I love you so much." He whispered.

"Fez, I love you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. God I can't believe it." I kissed him again.

"Am I the best thing that ever happened to you? Even though we had to change our identity?"

"Yes. I would do anything for you. And we are so lucky to be here. I mean it's beautiful, we are so happy."

"Yes. We are." He smiled and stroke over my hand.

"God I want to tell my parents so bad."

"You know you can't..."

"I know it's still too dangerous."

"Still a few months then it should be over and the police moves on."

I nodded. "Can we at least take a picture. For us?"

"All done." Fez grinned and pointed to his right where Ash stood with Alvaro, a friend of ours who was a photographer. They waved happily.

I smiled. "I can't believe that you planned all of this." I looked at Fez again who smiled big at me.

"We can go to Ash and Varo."

I nodded excited.

Ash smiled big at me and hugged me tight when we walked to them.
"Congratulations Louise. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Ash." I kissed his cheek.

"Also my congratulations." Alvaro smiled at us.

"Thank you for doing this man." Fez hugged him.

"Of course Fynn." He padded Fez's back.

After we took some more pictures we walked back along the trail. I was holding onto Fez's hand and smiling happily. It was weird, so far from home without any of my old friends. But we had a new life, with new people who didn't know our past and I still felt the happiest than ever. I had people that loved me. We were still together and got through everything that wanted to bring us down.

...

I was thinking a lot on the walk back. I looked many times at Fez. I knew that everything we did was right.

We were home.

..........

T H E   E N D