6

Chapter Six

Fezco:

Lily was again over at my place. She was almost every day here, I didn't mind. I was glad she was here, I felt good with her and for Ash it was also good. They were doing her math homework together and I heard them talk a lot.

"I saw Rue today. She seemed good." Lily said while we laid on my bed. She was reading Frankenstein while taking notes about it for school.

"Good. That's good." I looked at her. "Do you want to watch a movie or some?" I changed topics. "You have been reading for two hours."

"Sure." She nodded. We walked to the living room and I turned the dvd player on.

Lily snuggled into the vintage couch and put a blanket around her as I chose the movie. "Is this one good?"

"Oh yes, it's nice." She nodded.

I sat next to her and put my arm on the lean, behind her. The movie started, it was a comedy film.
We were laughing at funny scenes and every time she laughed she let her head fall back on my arm. I felt my arm tense every time her head came in contact with it but after a bit I relaxed and got used to the touch, still I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, I didn't like it.

We were an hour in  watching, theb someone kept ringing the doorbell.

"Shit who's that...." I sighed. "Stop the movie I'm gonna look."

"Okay." Lily looked up to me and nodded.

As I was running down the stairs, they kept ringing and pounding on the door.
"Who is it?"

"It's me. Opens the door." It was Rue.

"Fuck..." I mumbled amd sighed. "Not today Rue I'm sorry."

"Come on, don't be a dick..."

We kept arguing.

..........

Lily:

I heard the arguing from Fez and Rue. She didn't want to leave and started to shout at him and called him names.
Tears came to my eyes. It hurt to see my friend like this.

"Fuck you!"
....
"You did this to me...."
....
"Open the door!"
...
"I'm sorry." I heard him closing the door and stood up.

I saw him walking up the stairs, he saw me and walked faster.
"Lily? Are you crying."

I shrugged. "Yeah..."

..........

Fezco:

I stared at Lily, she was crying and to be honest I also felt like crying, even though I was used to addicts, Rue was close and hit harder. My hands wrapped around Lily's body and I pulled her into a hug.

"It's not good. Something happened in the few hours from school to now." She spoke into my chest.

I stroke her back up and down. "I know. But I can't do anything."

"Well you didn't sell her anything."

"Yeah but nothing more." I sighed.

Lily lifted her head and looked at me. "I think it's already too late."

I got shivers from her words, her true words. We looked at each other and in that moment something shifted. My eyes flickered over her face. Thoughts that I had pushed away a long time ago came back to my mind and I felt my stomach tingle.
"No. Get that out of your head!"
I cleared my throat and let her go.
"I'll bring you home, okay?"

"Okay." She said quiet.

On the way to her home we didn't talk much, we looked at each other and every time she gave me a comforting smile. After a silent drive we arrived at her house.
"Thank you Fez." She hugged me tight.

I nodded, I caught myself looking at her lips as we broke out of the hug. "Fuck... stop."
Then she got out and I waited till she was inside and then drove away.

..........