9

Chapter Nine

Lily:

This night was Halloween. Daniel was throwing a party. I was going as a fairy of nature, had always loved Winx and Flora. Over all I loved to be outside and go on hikes, be in nature, learn about growing vegetables. So being Flora was perfect.
A few months ago Claire and I had the idea to go as Winx fairies. She wanted to go as Stella, we planned to go together, we made the costumes and everything but then she broke her foot last week, so I had to go alone.

"Mum! Can I shower?" I shouted down the stairs.

"Yes."

I got all of my things and went to the bathroom to shower, I enjoyed a long and hot shower, I felt relaxed and clean and smooth for the night. Right when I turned the shower head off I heard the screaming and shouting. "Fuck! They can't be fucking serious!" I mumbled. My parents were fighting again. My relaxed state of mind was filled with anxiety again.
I put my headphones on, shutting them out while I got dressed and then did my makeup in the bathroom.
I was very pleased by the costume I made, it was exactly how I imagined.

I looked up in the mirror and remembered my earrings, to get the earring in I had to take the headphones off and I heard my parents again

I looked up in the mirror and remembered my earrings, to get the earring in I had to take the headphones off and I heard my parents again. I tried my best to ignore it.

They were still fighting when I walked out of the bathroom, I went down the stairs and saw them in the living room.
My mum was screaming at my dad. He was sitting on the couch and she stood in front of him. Then everything breakdown and I couldn't handle it anymore.
"Stop! Please stop!" I shouted, I didn't want to cry but my voice broke and tears filled my eyes. "Mum! Stop! This is fucking mad!"

"Lily!" My dad turned around shocked. By this time I was already crying I couldn't stop it. It ruined my makeup.

"You need to stop. What is this even all about? It doesn't even has a reason why you're fighting. I already said it but please get divorce or at least go to a therapy. It's not only you that are involved, I also can hear you for hours, fighting and breaking stuff, it's making me crazy. Mum you asked me why I'm not home. That's the reason. I cannot hear you fighting everyday. I'm having panic attacks because of this shit. It breaks my heart to see you two like this. So please do something about it... not only for you but also for the sake of your daughter."

My dad sighed and looked at me with a 'Sorry' face. "Lily..."

"It's okay dad. Text me when you're not sleeping home next time."

I looked at my mum. She stared at me, she was clenching her fist. I got a bit scared and looked away.
"I'm leaving now." I said and grabbed my bag. Fast walked into my room and grabbed my makeup, I needed to fresh it up at Cassie's.
I walked out the door while I was wiping my tears away.