SUMMARY

*THIS STORY WAS PAUSED SINCE I COULDN'T FIND THE HEART TO CONTINUE IT. NOW I'M READY TO FINISH THIS. THIS STORY IS FOR BIBLE AND BUILD WHO LOST SO MUCH OPPURTUNITIES BECAUSE OF THE RECENT EVENTS. I'LL GLADLY WAIT FOR THEM NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES.*

..

Marrying the man of her dreams, it was like a fairytale. A fairytale turned nightmare as the man she loved never showed an ounce affection. Khiara thought that her pregnancy would at least make Vegas care for her. However, that man was numb and cold, dead frozen.

Five hours after her delivery, she was kidnapped by unknown assailants.

Trying to calm down, Khiara assessed her situation but after hearing that her baby was killed, she lost it and barely escaped.

A mother's instinct? Adrenaline? Whatever it was, she only had one thing in mind. Her child.

Struggling her way to freedom, she saw Vegas from a distance, on his usual suit and a briefcase in hand. Khiara called out, catching his attention. Almost immediately, Vegas ran to her.

Elated at the thought of her husband coming for her, Khiara felt like passing out. Then she caught a glimpse of one of the kidnappers with a gun pointed at her husband.

Khiara pulled Vegas in for a hug before quickly turning to protect him.

A burning feeling, the pain was unbearable but Khiara let out a smile despite being shot.

"Y-you... looked for me..." Khiara whispered as her bloody hand held Vegas' cheek.

"N-no... Khiara... no!" Vegas cried out.

"T-thank you..." And with those words, she passed.

..

"You're awake! Honey, our baby's finally awake!" A voice exclaimed as the young man on the hospital bed opened his eyes.

"Wh-who...?" The young man whispered as their faces sunk, the woman breaking down as the man beside her hugged her for comfort.

"No... our baby... can't recognize us." The woman cried as the young man stared at them, confused at the current situation.

Hearing a familiar language, they were definitely Korean. The young man then roamed his eyes at the luxurious hospital room he was in until his eyes landed on the huge mirror. His brows furrowed, raising his hand to confirm if the reflection he's seeing is truly him.

"What the..." he whispered as he held his throat, surprised at how deep his voice was.

It wasn't a familiar voice, nor a familiar body. In fact, none of these are familiar.

..

Pete Phongsakorn Saengtham, 26 years of age, and the third son of the Saengtham family, a family known as business tycoons in Thailand and China. Coming to Korea at age of 16 to pursue his studies, he's been living in the country for 10 years, occasionally visiting his family in Thailand. Not long ago, he got into a car accident on his way home. Luckily, people around the vicinity saw the incident and quickly reported it. Pete was rushed to the hospital but had been in a coma for five days.

Though knowing the story from the nurses and other medical staff, Pete still couldn't remember anything but one thing was certainly clear.

"I am not Pete. I am Khiara Theerapanyakun."

Khiara was now trapped in a stranger's body. At first, she thought of it as a dream, a nightmare. However, as time passes and she regains more of her memory, everything became crystal clear. She died and possessed a young man's unconscious body.

In a time presently two years after her death, Khiara, now known as Pete, tried to find anything about Khiara's death but no results were found. It's as if her death never happened.

After spending two weeks in the hospital inside a new body, Khiara decided to move on. After getting discharged, Khiara tried to live a new life as a man, as Pete. Starting from Pete's house to his supposed work, Khiara tried to know everything. Things were almost fine until Pete got into a fight. He was stabbed but luckily, it wasn't fatal. Pete was back to the hospital and thinking that everything would be alright if he remained for the night, Pete stayed.

"Mama?" a child's voice called out as Pete stood in front of the window, on his way to his room after grabbing a drink at the hospital vending machine.

A two-year old child wearing a hospital gown stood behind him, doe eyes almost teary as he looked at the young man.

"M-mama?" Pete repeated as he sat to meet his level.

"Are you lost, child?" Pete asked as the child hugged him by the neck.

"Mama! Your hair! Mama! Waaaah!!!" The child cried out making Pete panic.

Pete quickly hugged the child, carrying him in his arms and tapping his back to calm him down.

"Mama! Your hair!!! Waaaah!" the child repeated as Pete almost danced just to make him stop.

"Venice!" A familiar voice called out as Pete froze on his feet.

"Papa! Mama's hair! Cut hair! Waaaah!!!" The child cried out once again as Pete heard footsteps.

Pete prayed he was wrong. Vegas can't be in Korea since they lived in Thailand. Maybe the voice was just similar. The child spoke Korean so it can't be related to Vegas... right?

"I'm sorry for---" Vegas was stunned as their eyes met.

How can a person, more importantly a man, look so similar to his deceased wife? No wonder the child cried upon seeing him.

"I-I'm sorry. Come on Venice. You're being rude."

"But papa! Mama is here! Mama!" Venice ranted, hugging Pete oh-so tight.

Ordering his men to take Venice, Vegas left after apologizing again. After seeing them leave, Pete broke down.

..

Knowing that the child he had thought to be dead is alive, Pete had a change of plans. He has return to the mansion for the only person that mattered, for Venice.

..