19: DINNER

***

It's been almost a month since Vegas proposed to Pete and everything couldn't be more peaceful in the Theerapanyakun mansion. Well not to include Vegas pestering Pete for their marriage date and having wedding planners come in at least once a week, everything's quite normal for now.

Pete was truly surprised with what Vegas and the others planned. He really thought Vegas was running late but for him to talk to teacher Jane and all the staff for his surprise proposal. Pete was also surprised at how everyone supported them, including Macau who couldn't stop crying at the thought of his favorite and most loved people are finally together.

Pete felt he was the luckiest man alive at that moment. Though troubled with having to meet Tawan on that same day, Pete tried his best to shrug it off and just think of the happiest memory with the man he loves. However, as sweet as everything might be, there's just no telling what could happen.

"Hyung!" Macau called out on the other line as soon as Pete answered his call.

"Macau, what happened? Are you okay?" Pete quickly asked since Macau sounded troubled.

"Hyung, please don't tell Phi. Promise me you won't tell him." Macau said first making Pete more anxious.

"Macau. What did you do this time?" Pete asked and Macau tried to explain everything from start to finish.

..

Convincing Pol to drive him to the hospital, Pete went as fast as he could as he tried to calm himself down. He couldn't understand Macau's story clearly and all he got was that he's at a hospital right now and to not tell Vegas about it. Though he knows it's impossible to keep anything from Vegas, Pete still managed to convince Pol to not tell him what's going on at the moment. Telling him now and telling him later won't make much difference and Pete's really trying his luck to save Macau from his brother's rage.

"Macau? Are you alright?" Pete was quick to ask as soon as he arrived at the hospital room Macau sent him.

"Hyung, I'm fine. I told you I was just scratched. He got it bad." Macau said as he pointed to the bed making Pete turn to the man on the hospital bed.

The man had an arm sling on what Pete would assume an injured arm. However, looking up to the man's face to apologize, Pete froze when he finally realized who it was.

"Oh, it's you." Tawan said with a smile, pointing at Pete who stood there speechless.

"Hyung, you know P' Tawan?" Macau asked making Pete turn to him.

"Phi?" Pete asked since he never knew Macau was close enough with him to call him that way.

"Ah, well... uhm..." Macau tried to explain making Tawan chuckle.

"We're in-laws." Tawan said as Pete looked at him.

"Did he cause this?" Pete asked, worried that Macau got into another fight.

"Hyung, seriously?" Macau said as Tawan shook his head.

"Then what on earth happened?" Pete asked once again as the two looked at each other for a good while.

"W-well... a guy was driving his bike in the university grounds and I almost got hit. P'Tawan saved me but he fell on a rock and injured his arm." Macau explained, sounding guilty of what happened to Tawan.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry for this. Thank you for helping Macau. Is there any way to repay you?" Pete asked out of courtesy, knowing all well that Tawan's filthy rich and there's nothing they could actually give him that he doesn't already have.