1: PETE

PETE

It's been two weeks since I woke up in Korea, surrounded by unfamiliar people, and most importantly in a different body.

Pete Phongsakorn Saengtham, currently 26 years of age, and the third son of the Saengtham family, a family known as business tycoons in Thailand and China. They are definitely an elite family since I'm also familiar to them. However, one thing is quite clear.

I am not Pete. I am Khiara Augustine-Theerapanyakun.

Khiara Augustine, the adopted daughter of General Denmark Augustine, and wife of the heir of the Theerapanyakun family, Vegas Theerapanyakul.

I held my temple as I felt a slight pain in my head. My death still plays like a broken disk in my head and it's making me sick. It's annoying enough that I'm in a different body but the fact that I have my previous memories as Khiara makes me nauseous. I wish I could've just died and be with my baby.

The first day was super hectic. I panicked when I saw unfamiliar faces infront of me, apparently they were Pete's parents. Thankfully, I could understand and speak Hangul (language used in Korea) as much as I can with Thai. They called the doctor and cried when I was diagnosed with 'retrograde amnesia' but I couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy, probably because I had no idea who they were.

With the thought of their son losing his memory, Pete's parents told me what happened. Pete was in a car accident and was in a coma for five days. They also said that Pete has been living in Korea since he was 16 to pursue his studies, occasionally visiting his family in Thailand. From the looks of it, seems like Pete is just a normal man from a rich family.

I actually once saw the eldest son of the Saengthams at a business gathering with my husband but it's a blurry memory since I've only had my eyes on my father and Vegas. I was never interested in other families since my world revolved around that man. I find it ironic how I died the moment I finally had a chance to be in Vegas' arms.

Give me a break. Am I really wasting my time thinking about Vegas? Even in this life? Pathetic.

After I got a little stable, tried to search about Khiara's death that eventually happened two years ago but nothing was mentioned online. I can list a hundred scenarios but the one on top is father, General Augustine. He must have gotten rid of the article related to me to save the family name. If it's him, it won't be hard to make the fact of Khiara's death disappear.

Khiara...

Now I'm feeling unfamiliar to my own name. This is driving me nuts.

Spending my days laid on bed gave me time to think. Looking at it on the brighter side, this is possibly a chance for me to live my life to the fullest. Probably a gift for enduring that shit of life I had before.

That's right. This time, I will live as I please.

..

"Hey Peter Pan!" An unfamiliar voice called out as I sat on the hospital bed, waiting for Pete's mother, I mean MY mother.

"P-Peter Pan?" I asked in confusion as I looked at a man wearing a black sweater, his buff chest and body showing off.

"Hey I got mom's message. She said you'll be going home today so I came to help with your stuff." This man sounded informal as he grabbed two of my luggage.

"Uhm, I don't want to offend you but... who are you?" I asked hesitantly as his face sulked, letting go of my bags and causing them to fall on the floor.

"Hey Peter Pan! That's a bad joke! Do you know how worried I was when I heard what happened to you? I waited for you at the studio but you never came. You didn't answer your phone and--- ugh! Do you know how frustrated I am right now!?" He said nonstop as he looked at me with furrowed brows, breathing heavily because of his continues talking.