10: DADA

***

FIVE YEARS AGO, AT ASSEMBLYMAN HOLLAND'S GATHERING

Vegas greeted everyone who smiled at him as he walked by. Looking dashing in a crimson suit, everyone couldn't help but gush about the new head of the Theerapanyakun family.

"Vegas, glad you made it!" General Denmark Augustine greeted as he reached out his hand which Vegas met with a smile.

"General, it's an honor to be here." Vegas answered with that political smile he's always seen wearing.

"Ah, by the way, this is my daughter. Khiara, this is Vegas, the head of the Theerapanyakun family." The general introduced as Khiara smiled at his presence.

The party went fine as planned and the host had his speech. Vegas listened, pretending at least since he knew a lot of eyes were on him. However, he felt the phone in his pocket vibrate making him close his eyes at the unexpected call. Looking around, Vegas saw a nearby veranda and decided to head there to answer the call.

Taking out his phone and seeing an unregistered number, Vegas was about to answer the call when it suddenly ended making the man almost curse out. Writing an imaginary note to change his number when he gets home, Vegas was about to leave when a familiar woman stood by the entrance.

Khiara stood in front of him with her blue dress and a phone in her hand which made Vegas think that she was the anonymous caller.

"Sorry about that. I had to talk to you in private." Khiara said in a serious voice as she stared straight at Vegas making the latter let out a smile.

"In what honor do I owe the pleasure, Miss Khiara Augustine?" Vegas said in a smooth and calm voice.

"Classy indeed. I'll get straight to the point. I need your help."

..

PRESENT

"So, Mr. Saengtham." The doctor's voice pulled Vegas from remembering his first meeting with Khiara.

Dr. Gram looked at Vegas making Pete raise his hand since the doctor seemed to be confused at who the patient was.

"I-I'm Pete Saengtham, doctor." Pete said as the doctor looked at him with a confused gazed.

"Ah, sorry about that. I forgot to wear my glasses." Dr. Gram said with a chuckle as he wore his glasses before looking at his guests once again.

The two sat on the couch as the doctor as Pete looked agitated while Vegas looked rather calm.

"Ah, yes. Mr. Saengtham. I would like to proceed with an interview and it would be nice if a relative could be with you. I assume he is your husband?" the doctor asked causing Pete to choke.

"Oh, my apologies. Are you not?" Dr. Gram asked and Pete was quick to shake his hands in the air.

A few more mistakes and jokes from the old doctor, the finally proceeded with the interview, of course with Vegas listening in the whole time.

(Author's Note: Skipping the whole interview since I'm not that knowledgeable on how the process goes. My apologies.)

..

The three sat in silence as Dr. Gram read the paper in his hand. Vegas leaned on the backrest of the couch with Pete being totally anxious beside him. Turning to the man in his left, Vegas saw how Pete's hands shook and it was quite intense and distracting for him. Wanting Pete to stop, Vegas reached out for the latter's hands and held it tight, intertwining his fingers with Pete's. Shocked and confused, Pete looked at Vegas who just raised his brows at his reaction. Pete couldn't stop but smile at how Vegas was acting. He's often cold and just does what he wanted but sometimes, Vegas just does things that make Pete see him in another light.