Chapter 57

Third person POV

Nikolai punched the trembling guy in front of him in frustration. He never took no for an answer and yet thats all his men were giving him these days. How hard could it be to kidnap that damned golden retriever? He thought, glaring into his guards bleeding face. Nikolai couldnt understand what made Katherine Xavier choose that weak man over a Russian Mafia boss. Nikolai was strong and powerful enough to rule over the entire world mafia but having Katherine Xavier by his side would increase his power by tenfold. Moreover, it irked him that a woman is more powerful than him.

Katherine Xavier has always been the treasure that Nikolai failed to have. No matter how hard he tried to trap her. She always escaped and managed to land a strong blow to his ego. She was the fire that he desperately wanted to tame. But now, Katherine had managed to choose a wimp and announced her wedding. The wedding invitation sitting on his desk was a tight slap to his face.

What the fuck do you mean you cant do it? He yelled at the guy who was beaten black and blue by him. Nikolai was beyond furious. He was livid. He did not realise that he was choking the guy until he dropped dead on the floor. He looked at the dead man in disgust and turned to face his second in command.

Looks like I have to teach this bitch a lesson. Im going to rip that wimp apart at the altar and drag Katherine Xavier by her hair as she watches her groom die. Its time women learn their place. Nikolai said wiping the blood off his hands as his men cleared the dead body and the blood stains off the floor.

****************************************

Katherine looked at the man sleeping peacefully next to her. The house was bustling with wedding preparations but everybody knew that it was not going to be a peaceful or joyous day. Everybody except for Lionel. She traced her fingers lightly around the fresh cuts on his body. Lionel was training hard but Katherine knew that this life wasnt for him. She knew that he deserved better but she was too selfish to let him go.

She could notice that she was regaining her energy. Drake was doing an excellent job treating her and Lionels priority these days was to nurse her back to health. Ravi, however was extremely pissed that he had to do Lionels job at the company.

Katherines phone pinged with a message and she smiled at the new information. She carefully jumped out of the bed, trying not to wake Lionel up. She hurried out of her room to greet the new couple who just got back from their honeymoon. The guards jumped in surprise when the Capos door opened with a bang and bowed their head when they saw their Capo running towards the living room.

She could hear Ryders hearty laugh and smiled when the woman responsible for that was finally back. April slapped Ryders arm to which he howled in pain while her husband Denzel laughed at the chaotic duo. Katherine masked her excitement and looked annoyed. Youre late. She said frowning and the room turned silent before April jumped up to hug Katherine tightly.

CapoI missed you. April said cheerfully. April was the only woman who didnt fear capo like the rest of them did. The woman was always so cheerful that nobody would ever believe that shes the deadliest assassin in the Spanish mafia. Denzel however was completely opposite from his wife. He was the quiet guy that avoided people and just did what he was told by the capo until the little Chinese spitfire, who was famously known as April decided decorate his car in pink glitter. Denzel had to walk around, shooting the Mexican mafia while he looked like barbie had puked on him.

Im going to miss all the peace I had around here. Katherine teased to which April pouted.

Meanie I hurried back since Im in charge of the wedding preparations. Oh my god! Theres so less time and so much to do. April said dramatically. Katherine rolled her eyes at the kid high on sugar in front of her. Who said youre in charge? Katherine teased her but April didnt even blink before replying Oh dont be silly Capo! This wedding is going to be a blast. Little did they know how true her words were going to be.

So, youre April. Nice to meet you. Lionel said smiling at the energetic girl in front of him. April ignored Lionels extended hand for a handshake and hugged him instead. Oh my god youre so handsome in real life. You looked like a wussy in pictures though. She said cheerfully. Lionel was amused but just laughed it off. He already had heard Aprils stories from the twins but meeting her made him realise how similar April was to Lana. Both girls had infinite energy and didnt hesitate to speak their mind. They would definitely become best friends if they meet.

Katherine thought she was quite while getting out of bed so as to not disturb Lionels sleep but she didnt realise that she had to be quite instead of slamming the door wide open. The wedding was going to be an intimate affair and only the mafia leaders were going to be invited because Katherine knew that Nikolai was going to attack. However, Lionels familys safety was their utmost priority. Katherine knew that it was time for them to realise who Lionel was marrying but she couldnt let Lionel know about it because he would disagree with it. The man respected her decisions but he could be stubborn when he sets his mind on something and even Katherine Xavier will not be able to change his mind.

April ranted about the wedding preparations while she forced Lionel and the men to listen. Everybody was uncomfortable except for Lionel who found the situation to be amusing. Katherine realised that Lionel was smitten by the little ball of energy and smiled shaking her head at Denzel who was trying to calm his wife down.

Katherine knew that this was just the calm before the storm. This wasnt just a battle anymore. This was war. A war where only one of them would come out alive. There were going to be casualties. She just hoped that her side would have less. This wasnt just about power. This was about her pride as a Capo, as a woman and as Lionels wife. It wasnt just her life that was on the line. It was Lionels. Katherine knew that this wasnt an end. It was just the beginning.

**************************************************
Chapter's will be updated on daily basis from now on. Kindly vote and comment. I'd love to know your opinions. Love you all ❤️