Chapter - 47

Third Person POV

Lionel felt defeated as soon as he heard Katherine and Ravi's conversation. He felt as if his world was flipped over. It hurt him when Katherine insulted and broke up with him five years ago. But when Katherine said that she was dying, he felt as if a part of himself died as soon as those words left her lips.

He sucked in huge gulps of air when he started to feel the panic attack coming. He held the wall for support as soon as he felt light headed. He inhaled deeply and urged himself to calm down. When the initial shock  and panic reduced, he broke into tears. Tears flowed freely from his eyes as he let the reality sink in.

Waves of anger clouded his mind masking the sadness he felt just moments ago. He pushed the door open with all his might. The door banged open, startling Katherine and Ravi.

Katherine stood in shock looking like a deer caught in headlights as she took in the livid look on Lionel's face. While, Ravi stood contemplating the drama that was about to unfold in front of him.

"Please don't overreact and walk away like an idiot." he muttered under his breath as he looked at his friend's expression. Because he knew that was exactly what was about to happen and he wasn't wrong either.

Lionel disregarded Ravi's presence in the room and directed his words at Katherine.
"All these year's, I was mad at you for treating me like shit. But now, I hate you so much. What have I ever done to you to put me through so much shit? You know what.... Don't answer that question. I don't want to see your stupid face anymore. I Hate You Ms. Xavier. I hope you rot in deepest pits of hell. "

Lionel stormed out of the room, before Katherine could react. Ravi sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Let me do the damage control." He said and walked towards the direction, Lionel had just stormed off.

Meanwhile, Lionel entered a random door which took him to a beautiful garden inside the mansion. He stood still at the sight of it. Nature always brought a sense of calmness in him. He loved flowers, the cool breeze that gently brushed his cheeks, the continuous chirping of birds,the sound of water. But it didn't make him happy anymore. The beauty of nature which usually have him hope for future, now terrified him. The bright colors of flowers looked like it was taunting his miserable life.

The sound of birds felt like mockery to his ears. His usual beautiful blue eyes lost it's shine. They looked dead. His eyes betrayed him and started to tear up despite his efforts to not cry. He numbly sat down on the bench facing the marvelous marble fountain.

He heard footsteps behind him but didn't bother to turn around to look who was approaching him.
"Dude, how fast do you walk? I almost searched half of this huge ass house to find your dramatic ass." Ravi said, sitting down next to Lionel.

Lionel knew what Ravi was trying to do. But this time his heart was way past damaged for him to repair.

"Why me?" Lionel asked staring straight ahead, not looking at Ravi.
It took Ravi a couple of seconds to register what Lionel said. But he wanted his boss to speak his mind out.

He knew that Lionel had many things to say about Katherine, but he didn't utter a single word about her after their breakup.

"What?" Ravi asked him, making Lionel to start his rant.

"Why is it always me,who has to suffer in this relationship?Why is it always me who cries? Is loving someone more than you love yourself a crime?" Lionel asked him, raising his voice at the end.

Ravi was now genuinely concerned. He had never seen Lionel this flustered. Sure, he had seen his boss cry because of Katherine. But right at this moment,he realized that his boss had lost hope, which terrified Ravi.