Chapter 17 - Level Up!

Mark woke up with the familiar sight of the room he found himself in, during his first day at the military base.

It feels nostalgic waking up the same way he woke up at the same room before.

"Good morning Mr. Daredevil!" A familiar voice greeted him the moment he opened his eyes. He looked at his right to where the voice came from and saw Dr. Garcia waving at him.

"What happened?" Mark slowly tried to get up in a sitting position.

"Well you passed out after your initial test yesterday. James said you absorbed a Yeti and started to act weird since then." Dr. Garcia said in a matter-of-fact manner while writing something on a letter sized white paper securely fastened on what looks like a cork board which the doctor is holding at its lower end, using his left hand.

"So is absorbing that kind of demon that dangerous?" Mark asked in a more confident manner this time than his shy manner of conversation during his first week at the camp.

"Well, I wouldn't say that. I haven't encounter a battlemage, or rather a cadet summoner being endangered in absorbing a demon. Normally if you would absorb a demon beyond your level, you would simply not be able to absorb it, and in your case, you have a fulfillment level just enough to accommodate your first demon and that Yeti." Dr. Garcia stood up and walked towards him.

"So you have measured my fulfillment level just now?" Mark curiously inquired.

"Well once your in that bed, all information about your body is displayed there." The doctor pointed at a white desktop computer placed on his table. "Before you ask further, please sign right here." The doctor smiled as he handed the paper he was writing on earlier to Mark.

"So what is my fulfillment level?" Mark got the paper and the cork board then started reading it. It has his basic information written on it and at the end is a notice that he has been observed by the doctor and understood the results.

"Well it is 18, and I'd have to congratulate you for having that much fulfillment level within merely a month." Dr Garcia said excitingly then clapped his hands in an applause for Mark.

Having the paper signed, he returned it to the doctor. "So what happened to me yesterday?" Mark went on asking.

"Hmmm. I'm looking for the possibility of the demon being still able to struggle inside you or, your fulfillment level just rose up the moment you absorbed the demon and what happened to you is your body adjusting to it. But worry not my dear. You are now stable thanks to the magnificent Dr. Garcia." The doctor placed his right hand at the middle of his chest and raised his chin in arrogance.

Mark gave him a forced smile then went on asking. "So am I good to go?"

"Yes, but you may sleep here as much as you like." The doctor winked at Mark.

A few seconds later, the two heard three knocks at the door.

"Come in, come in whoever you are." The doctor invited in his ever jolly attitude.

The door opened and Stephen went in with a basket full of fruits. "Is Mark still here? Ah there you are."

"Ah Mr. Cabal how generous of you! Are those fruits for me?" Dr. Garcia gave Stephen a full smile with his hands clasped against each other.

"Here catch!" Stephen took out an apple and threw it to Dr. Garcia which the latter caught with ease and ate right away without even washing it. "And the rest are for Mark. How are you Marky boy?" He walked towards Mark putting the basket on a grey round table beside the bed, where Mark is at.

"Well the doctor says I'm fine so I think I'd go to May for my training." Marked moved towards the edge of the bed, lowering both his feet to the floor.