Chapter 38 - The Close Combat King

"Eat this!" Tyron performed a barrage of attacks, pushing back Bruno who defended himself with his axe, blocking each slash that Tyron rapidly delivered. Even Tyron's anubis seemed to be having the upper hand as it pushed back Bruno's lycan with its khopesh.

Before Bruno could be pinned to a wall, he decided to throw a kick towards Tyron's gut who was successful on turning himself in a half clockwise direction to evade the hit. Bruno then pushed the mana blade that has connected to his axe, then followed up with a horizontal outward slash but Tyron was quick and strong enough to block the attack with the extended blade of his right knuckle knife.

"Raaaahhhhh!" Bruno's aura grew even more intensely as his muscles rapidly develop. He then pushed Tyron with his axe, forcing the latter to reinforce his defense with his left knuckle knife but was eventually thrown several meters away with Bruno's incredible strength.

Before Tyron can get up from being thrown to the ground, he was met by an axe that is being swung downwads by Bruno who suddenly appeared in front of him. Tyron quickly rolled to his right to evade the approaching blade. Bruno persisted with his attacks, throwing quick successive strikes at Tyron, who was forced to continue rolling sidewards, evading each hit.

Before he can be cornered in a wall, Tyron tripped Bruno with his right leg, sliding at the latter from behind. Being successful with his strike, Tyron was able to send his enemy, falling backwards. He then quickly stood up to try following up an attack but was met by a sudden kick by Bruno, who was able to use the handle of his axe to break his fall.

Tyron was then smashed towards a wall, that quickly shattered upon impact. Before he can even move, Tyron was again met by the blade of Bruno's axe that was lunged towards him.

Tyron successfully blocked the attack with both hands. "Now you eat this!" Bruno retracted his axe then alternatively struck in alternate diagonal slashes, forming an X pattern with each successive combo. Tyron successfully blocked each attack but was pinned even further, creating more cracks at the wall he was cornered at. Finally, the wall behind Tyron gave up, opening a large hole, then sending Tyron flying inside an empty room with Bruno's last strike.

"Hahaha. I heard you now call yourself the Close Combat King. But I don't see you reigning over our close battle here!" Bruno mocked a heavily bruised Tyron, who is now lying on the ground. Both their demons can no longer be seen from their place, but the clashes of claw and blades can still be heard from a distance, along with several gunshots that has never stopped since Tyron and his companions entered the Basement 2 level.

Tyron quickly stood up, surprisingly able to muster some strength in spite of the heavy blows he just sustained. "Come at me...and I'll show you why!" Tyron stood in a defensive stance, while trying to catch his breath.

"As you wish!" Bruno jumped forward, still glowing in a bright red aura then delivered another barrage of powerful strikes using his axe. Tyron can still catch up with his defense but was easily being pushed backwards.

Tyron threw a kick, similar to how Bruno stopped his previous successive strikes but his attack, though successfully connected didn't seem to faze, nor stop his enemy even a little bit. "Haha you tryin' to tickle me old pal!" Bruno simply continued his heavy strikes, pushing Tyron further.

Having a hard time keeping up with his enemy's strength, Tyron decided to leap sideways to create some distance from his enemy. Further extending his knuckle knife, Tyron attacked from a safe distance which Bruno was able to easily repel. He then decided to fire several fire spells which were all retracted by his enemy's axe that is now covered with mana, having some fire spells thrown back at him.

Although unsuccessful at hitting his enemy, Tyron was able to run further away from Bruno but cannot go any further than the walls of the room where he is now trapped in, with Bruno standing near the entrance.

"Ow now what's all the running pal! You're confident with close combat right! Why not come closer. Or should I do the honor!" With insane speed, all Tyron's effort to place a safe gap between them has all been put to waste.

"Peek-a-boo!" Bruno continued to harass Tyron with another barrage of strikes. After a few hits, Bruno was successfully able to put Tyron off his balance, causing the latter to fail in defending one strike while trying to regain his stance. Bruno's axe was able to dig itself on Tyron's right shoulder, but a blue aura that the latter was able to quickly form, prevented the blade from cutting deeper.

Tyron leapt backward grunting from the pain of his wound, that he tried to cover with his left hand.

"So you want to keep your distance eh! Then I'll give you your space! Raaaaahhhh!" Bruno hit the ground with the handle of his blade that made a shockwave that cracked parts of the concrete floor and sent Tyron flying backwards and into the ground.

Tyron can now be seen breathing heavily, obviously in a weakened state. He can't even try to barely stand to attack back at his enemy.

"So much for our Close Combat King eh! Now all I see is a loser, closing in to his death!" Bruno continued to mock the now, helpless Tyron.

"Now die!" Bruno quickly jumped forward then struck Tyron with all his might. The attack formed a large crater on the floor, with a cloud of dust particles from the shattered concrete covering the area, with a splash of blood, splattered on the floor.

"So...you do still pack a punch eh." As the dust particles slowly settle, Bruno's axe can be seen with it's blade at a height just a bit below the level of its owner's waist, being blocked by both Tyron's knuckle knives. Tyron's right weapon can be seen having a curved mana blade further extended towards Bruno's left abdomen, deeply wounding the latter.

"You...shouldn't...have come...closer." Tyron spoke, while heavily breathing, weakened by all the bruises he took from the battle.

"A small hit...and you're already boasting...I can't believe... Ughh.." Before Bruno can continue his words, he coughed heavily, spitting a couple of blood. "Well...it... ain't a vital part. So...if you...think you've won...think again." Bruno removed the extended blade that was made of Tyron's mana from his abdomen then raised his axe.   "Raaahhhhh!!!!" He was obviously having some difficulty just raising his axe, but was able to muster enough energy to do so.

"Die!" For the second time, Bruno tried to swing his axe downward but before he can do so, a blade from the anubis' khopesh struck him from behind, through his heart.

"Good job La..." Tyron finally lost his consciousness, with Bruno falling backwards after Tyron's anubid pull its sword out from the enemy's chest.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

As promised, another chapter published as quickly as I could. Hope the quality is still there. Well I have you guys to check anyway hahaha.

Enjoy reading and again, keep 'em stars coming or at least your comments

Next Chapter: War of Gadgets