Chapter 27 - Burn Baby Burn

Lyra kept her defense as Page's Leopine, slowly vanishes in front of her.

The audience watched quietly as well, as if waiting for some spectacular feat to happen.

Page's Leopine now completely disappeared. She closed her eyes chanting some unknown tongue, in a voice, only audible to her.

The ground in front of her glowed in fiery red color, forming a circular inscription with symbols of ancient origin.

A molten lava burst from the circle, causing a sight similar to an erupting volcano.

The molten lava rose almost thrice her height and glowed in a blinding fiery blaze that made everyone, even Page, cover their eyes.

Sweat rushed out all over Page's body as if coming from a steamed room.

Even Lyra at the other end of the arena can feel the intensity of the heat, being emanated from the spell.

Finally, the bursting lava spectacle settled down. Everyone uncovered their eyes and looked at a newly formed demon standing in front of Page.

Most of the crowd has the same bedazzled expressions in their faces as they witness a gigantic creature, standing in front of Page.

The creature resembles a bipedal demon with head of a snake, a body similar to that of a komodo dragon, arms and legs similar to a gorilla and two great horns, similar to a gazelle's.

It's whole body is covered in scales that is similar to a blazing hot, solid magma. Tongues of flame are visible on its joints.

"Holy cow! My eyes must be playing tricks on me. Is that a Cherufe that I see? Who would expect that a level 10 demon would be summoned by a cadet? The fight is indeed getting me hyped up!" The announcer yet again filled the silence of the arena with his sudden speech.

"That's a cool demon your daughter has there Mr. Anson. Is that a gift from you?" The stranger beside Mr. Anson spoke with amazement at the demon.

"Nah. She caught that herself." Mr. Anson puffed a tobacco smoke, while watching the fight with his poker face.

The stranger seems to have been frozen in bedazzlement, unable to grasp the truth that a mere child can capture a demon of that caliber.

Page wasted no time and commanded her Cherufe to charge towards Lyra's Ent.

The ground quaked as the Cherufe's heavy footsteps thundered the arena floor.

It ran like a bull rampaging in the streets of Mexico, violently stomping its feet against the ground.

However, before it can run halfway in the arena, thick roots from the Ent sprouted from the ground like tentacles from a Kraken, trying to sink a ship.

The roots entangled the Cherufe's feet, stopping it from running.

Page simply smirked as her Cherufe start to growl loudly like a loud bass horn, echoing throughout the arena.

Flames began to spread from its joints, covering its whole body, which then consumed the roots that entangled it.

The Cherufe moved again, which Lyra's Ent tried to hinder by sprouting roots on its way that turned into walls like how it protected Lyra earlier.

With the Cherufe's fists that are covered with flames, it is able to destroy the walls with merely two to four punches.

Lyra's Ent even tried to strangle the Cherufe's arms, but similar to what happened earlier, Page's Cherufe simply consumed the roots that wrapped its arms with its flames.