Chapter 28: Round Two

Most of the audiences are now panicking at the current situation in the arena. Both of Page's demons have now totally gone out of control.

Amidst the chaos however, Mr. Anson remained unmoved as well as the rest of the Senators and the President.

Stephen suddenly came into the arena and kicked the Leopine out of the way. The Leopine striked back but Stephen is able to defend himself and even making the Leopine fall back.

With Stephen in the scene, Avery now pulled back his roots and concentrated on defending itself from the Cherufe.

Stephen then reached for Page's shaking arm and pressed the absorb button. Slowly, both Page's Cherufe and Leopine disintegrated and absorbed in the SAT.

"Ehemm." The announcer suddenly intervened by clearing his throat. With his hand still shaking, he kept silent for a while, then started speaking. "With Stephen intervening with the fight, Ms. Page Anson is hereby disqualified!"

Stephen carried the terrified Page out of the arena and tried to calm her down.

"With that, our winner for today's match is Ms. Lyra Oppus!" There was no applause this time as most of the audience are still in shock. A couple of minutes later though, Simen's team began to clap and so did the rest of the audience.

Lyra can only sigh in relief as she absorb Avery as well and wait for further announcement.

"Ok moving on, we are giving everyone a two hour break to give time for the arena staff to fix our battleground at the moment. Everyone are requested to exit the arena grounds and audience area then wait for further announcement." The audience obediently heeded the request, giving themselves a break from the rather grisly match.

Lyra walked towards the waiting area to reunite with her team.

"That was a great match! You did very well!" Mark greeted Lyra, who can only respond with a half smile out of fatigue.

"Yeah but you're still an idiot!" James folded his arms, turning his back at Lyra.

"Well let me see you battle then Mr. Genius." Lyra replied angrily as she put her hands on her hips.

"Wait till..." James replied back but was cut short by May.

"I'll be going back to my office. Let's meet here in two hours or whenever the announcer would call us." Without waiting for any response from her students, May went on her way to exit the arena.

"Yes Ma'am." Mark responded, though May did not bother to look back nor make any sign that she heard Mark's response.

"Jeez not even a word of praise." James murmured in a voice, only he can hear.

"What did you say?" Lyra curiously inquired, as she draw near to James.

"I said I'm hungry. Let's go to the canteen." James walked ahead, followed immediately by Mark and Lyra.

"Hey that match was insane!" Simen's group met up with Mark's group on the way to the elevator. He immediately approached Lyra who seem a bit intimidated.

"Hey Simen. We're on the way to the canteen. Wanna join up?" Mark caught Simen's attention with a random invite.

"Ah sure! You guyz wanna join right. Hmmm could Randalf be here somewhere?" Simen looked around, seemingly forgetting the topic he opened earlier.

"Forget it man. You've got to accept that he's no longer with our group." Sean spoke up, in a rather gloomy manner.

"Come on Sean. That mood doesn't suit you. If your still sulking because of yesterday, then you've got to move on. The result is yet to be announced, well the tournament isn't even finished yet so just chill!" Simen tapped Sean at his back which pissed off the latter, making him look away from Simen.