Chapter 31 - Final Resolve

Another crater was formed in the arena by Trevor's punch that is powered by Bea's tiara. The audience kept their silence, shocked of the Leonin's insane speed.

Bea turned to look towards her father. She did not utter a single word but arrogance and contempt can be seen on her eyes.

"Hey! Don't you dare turn your head away from this match! I'm not done with you yet!." Bea turned her head towards the source of the furious voice which was obviously from James. She was suddenly shocked to see a fire ball quickly approaching her. Luckily, her Leonin was still quick enough to dissipate the spell with its fist.

Bea's tiara glowed with a terrifying red aura yet again powering her Leonin up. In an instant, Trevor appeared in front of James with its fist racing towards the boy's face. The Leonin's punch however, was blocked by an invincible force.

"Interesting. So you are still able to put up a fight eh." Bea mocked James after seeing her Leonin's attack, blocked by James. She can visibly see a bright light appear where her Leonin's fist was stopped.

"Well as you can see, I still have cards up my sleeve!" James shouted with determination as he throw a punch at the Leonin's abdomen, while having his gloves activated with a fire spell, pushing the demon back a few yards away.

"Oh is that a Will 'O Wisp I see there?" Instead of being concerned of her demon, Bea turned her attention to a glowing ball of blue light behind James, positioned a little above his head. "Now I wonder what a level 1 demon can do against Trevor?" Bea mocked covering her scoffing laugh with her right hand.

"I'd be enough to defeat that demon!" James charged towards Bea's Leonin aiming to thow another punch at the demon.

"Oh really? Then let's see you try." Surprisingly, Bea did not try to assist her demon with a supportive spell from her tiara this time. Instead, she simply watched as her demon skirmish with her opponent who is obviously no match with her Leonin.

The Leonin simply blocked all of James' attacks seemingly being held back by its master. James on the other hand pants as he alternately throw punches at the demon having his gloves lit with a fire spell. His attacks does not seem to pose any threat against Bea's Leonin who simply defended itself against the boy.

"Oh yes of course you are enough. Enough to give me a perfect amusement!" Bea laughed as she watches her demon battle against James. She looked at her father in an arrogant pose seemingly trying to prove something. 'Now see for your eyes what I have become.'

Bea's eyes turned from a mocking gaze to a fierce look as she shift sight back towards the skirmish between James and her demon. "Now its time to end this fight!" Bea suddenly spoke in a more stern manner as she make her tiara glow in a blue light. Her demon glew in the same blue aura as its muscles began to expand once again. "Now say goodbye to your dreams my amusing clown!" Her Leonin gripped James right wrist before the boy's punch can even land a hit. James struggled to take his hand of smashing the demon's hand with his left fist but of no avail. The demon then lifted the boy up with James wiggling his feet in a struggle to escape from the demon's fist, even trying to aim a kick against Bea's Leonin.

Silence filled the crowd as everyone's attention is fixed at the arena. Mark can be seen running towards James but alas, within the blinking of an eye, the Leonin hit James' with its fist towards the boy's stomach, making him puke some blood. With the strength of the demon's punch, James flew towards the the arena's end making his back crackle as it hit the wall. Mark shifted his direction of running towards where his friend was thrown and then fell. To his terror, blood is now forming a lake at James' head due impact of him hitting the wall, and in falling from quite a high place.

"Nooooo!" Mark wailed as he lift the head of his fallen friend towards his chest.

Distinct murmurings can now be heard amongst the audience. "Is the boy dead?" "That's the daughter of the Senator right? Who would have thought that she's a murderer?"

Bea tried to fake a smile at her victory but equally felt guilt as she sees the scenario of Mark crying over James' seemingly dead body. She shook her head and instead waited for the announcement of her victory. Paramedics has now come to collect James and the murmurings of the crowd continued like buzzing of a thousand bees, drilling into Bea's head.

"That's cruel!" "Is she really a Senator's daughter?" "She's scary." The voices of the crowd start to become a destructive noise for Bea, making her start to cover her ears. To her surprise, the arena lights began to flicker and the audience voices drill to her ears even with her hands covering them. "Stop." Bea whispered as she pants in nervousness trying to gasp for air. "Stop." Now in a normal tone yet stuttered due to her difficulty in breathing.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop...." Bea chanted frantically as the voices around her start to become a condemning choir for her. To her terror, the lights of the arena finally gave up as darkness start to fill the room. A shadowy figure start to walk towards her from the darkness.

"Such a disgrace. I have always regretted having you as my daughter." A familiar voice finally spoke coming from the shadow in front of her who suddenly stopped a few yards away. It was the voice of her father, playing a repeated voice of condemnation in her head. "Stooopppppp!" Bea finally decided to scream at the top of her lungs as tears fall down from her eyes.

"I personally asked the General to have you as her trainer because I knew that you were the best. And yet this! How disappointing Stephen!" Bea woke up in a clinic with the sound of her father's voice. She suddenly rose up in a sitting position trying to gasp for air.

Noticing Bea, Stephen rushed towards her side, leaving the Senator behind. "Are you alright milady?" Stephen spoke in concern as he place his hand at the girl's back for assistance.

The door slammed making both Stephen and Bea shift their attention towards it. The Senator is now out of sight making Bea let out a sigh.

"What happened?" Bea inquired, now starting to stabilize.

"Oh that's nothing. You know your father..."

"What happened to the match?" Bea interrupted in a stern voice enough to stop Stephen's speech.

"Well, how should we put it?..." Stephen stuttered, trying to answer Bea's inquiry.

"What happened to the match?" Now in a louder and pissed voice, Bea inquired again as she clench her fist.

"You lost." Stephen cracked in a low tone with uncertainty if he should really speak. "You seem to have been caught with the Will O' Wisp's illusion that you simply froze in the arena. Your demon on the other hand, lost control trying to climb on the arena wall towards the audience. I had to take responsibility and stop your Leonin from causing damage. That's where you suddenly lost consciousness."

"Am I really that weak?" Tears began to burst from Bea's eyes as she began to dive her face towards Stephen's chest.

"No no no milady. It's just that no one tried to recognize your potential. But don't worry, from now on, everything will be alright." Stephen embraced Bea trying to console the young lady as she cries in deep agony.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

Whew, it has been 3 years and I'm really really sorry for that guys! Well you know, real life stuff. But well, here I am again and now more determined to finish this stuff more than ever.

I've been reading a couple of reviews and hoped they made my writing better. I'll try to review some chapters and make some adjustments and cleaning then continue on with the story.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Next Chapter: On to the Finals