Chapter 22 - Keep Your Distance

Though confused, Randall commanded his Golem to run towards Erin to attack.

Erin got back up and went on reading her book.

Moving slowly, it took quite some time for the Golem to move across the arena.

Chaz arrived a few minutes later, the time Randall's Golem is halfway of the arena.

He quickly saw Candice standing against a wall behind the arena's entrance, silently bursting in tears.

"Hey what happened?" Chaz walked towards Candice then tapped her left shoulder.

Candice wiped her tears then sniffed as she try her best to stop crying. "I lost. That's what happened."

Candice kept her head bowed then brushed her hair with her hand, making it cover her face. "Erin is already out there fighting. Might as well check her out."

Chaz wanted to say another word or two but kept silent instead. He again tapped Candice's shoulder a few times to console her then went to watch Erin's fight.

By this time, Randall's Golem has reached five feet near Erin. Randall's Golem was suddenly blocked by an invisible force that kept it at that distance

Randall's Golem struggled to get through but is being pushed back as if fighting against a sturdy spring that it can't push.

"Hey Erin why are you reading a pocket book at the arena!" Chaz shouted upon seeing Erin merely standing and reading her book.

"A Mr. Puno. I'll just finish this chapter and I'll fight." Erin turned her head then back to the book upon greeting her trainor.

"What are you thinking? The Senators and the President are watching." Chaz uttered impatiently, seeing that Erin is not listening.

"Ha. I bet she'll just fight a few minutes then surrender. I'll be going to my room." Candice smirked then walked her way to the exit.

"Gah! Kids these says!" Chaz hit his head with his palm in disappointment.

Randall's Golem finally came three feet near Erin but was pushed back again by the invisible force.

"Uhhhmmm... aren't you gonna summon your demon?" Randall spoke slowly and monotonously, but loud enough to be heard by Erin on the other end of the arena.

"Yeah later. I'm almost done with this chapter." Erin spoke back but her eyes remained fixed on the book.

Erin chuckled a bit as if reading something funny while the Golem kept on trying to come near her.

Finally, Erin decided to close the book, put it on the pocket of her pants then streched her hands upwards.

Erin stands merely a midget of her age. Her long, blond hair is tied on two pigtails near her nape. Her skin is warm tan and appears beautiful if not for the freckles on her right cheek.

"Hmmm. Alright if your Golem is able to come near a foot from me, then I'll summon my Knucker." Erin challenged playfully, with her hands held together at her back.

"Hey Erin! This is no time to play games! Hurry and summon your demon!" Chaz scolded Erin stepping out of the waiting area.

"Alright I will. I'm just kidding." Erin turned her head and stuck out her tongue at Chaz. She smiled and faced back to Randall.

Chaz can only look up and hit his forehead with his right palm in annoyance.

Erin summoned her young Knucker who stood with its four limbs in the same height as her. It resembles that of a western dragon, only hers is now merely a whelp, covered in shiny blue fish scales that glistens like a sapphire stone when hit by light.