Chapter 25 - To Win Her Heart

Alfredo made his Serpopard soar very high in the air in preparation for an attack.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm so eager to win this match!" Alfredo winked then looked up at his demon.

"Let's do our best then!" Page finally raised her head then smiled at Alfredo.

Alfredo, now focused on his Serpopard, commanded his demon to dive towards Page's Leopine like a falcon capturing its prey.

Page's Leopine was able to leap back in time, jumped then flipped itself horizontally. It gave the Serpopard a spinning kick, pinning it to the ground then jumped back again to evade the Serpopard's head who tried to bite its leg.

"Wow, your Leopine's got nice reflexes!" Alfredo commanded its demon to soar high again on the sky.

"Now let's see how f...." As the Serpopard fly, Page commanded her demon to dash towards Alfredo.

In just a matter of a second, it already covered half the arena then another second, it was able to reach Alfredo, aiming for a kick.

Surprised, Alfredo fell backwards in a sitting position. Luckily, Sean's demon was able to intervene just in time, forcing the Leopine to withdraw its kick and leap backwards to evade the Serpopard's claw.

"...fffffast! Yyyou're Leopine's fast!" Alfredo shook in nervousness, after almost being kicked by the Leopine.

"They're the fastest ground demon in the ether Alfredo! Nothing beats them in running so be careful!" Simen shouted from behind, as if lecturing Alfredo.

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier!" Alfredo shouted, still in a sitting position with both his hands resting the in the ground.

"You should have done your research! And in battle you must always be on guard." Simen responded in a loud, yet calm tone.

"Ummm... shall we proceed with the battle?" Page timidly asked, drumming her index fingers together in front of her mouth.

"What was that?" Alfredo can barely hear Page's words but realizing he's in a tournament battle, he jumped back up and regained his manly posture. "Ahhh of course. How rude of me to keep a lady waiting." He brushed his hair backwards and regained his focus on the match.

"Uhmm...I'm not a lady yet." Page muttered making it impossible for Alfredo to hear.

"And I'd keep my demon close if I were you!" Simen shouted another advice, making Alfredo lose his pose.

"I know! I know!" Alfredo shouted in defiance keeping his focus in battle. "I know what I'm doing." Alfredo muttered his last words, with his eyes getting fiercer than before.

Alfredo's Serpopard flew quickly towards the Leopine, trying to hit it with its claw. The Leopine defended with its left hand then leaped backwards evading the Serpopard's biting beak.

"Haha. You're Leopine may be the fastest ground demon, but nothing beats my Serpopard when it flies!" The Serpopard kept on harrassing the Leopine, forcing it to move backwards everytime.

"This match will be fun then." Page giggled, placing her hands on her back.

Meanwhile backstage, Stephen just got back from bringing Ash to the clinic.

"So how's it here?" Stephen cheerfully asked as he walk beside Beatrice.

"Well our little lady Page got herself a boyfriend." Beatrice rolled her eyes as she answer in disappointment.

"Nnnooo that can't be. Mr. Anson is going to kill me!" Stephen watched outside to see Page battle with Alfredo.

"Your demon's good!" Page complimented Alfredo, making him blush and smile in joy.