Chapter 20 - Tournament

Five of the trainors gathered in front of the General after each team got back from their missions.

"So how did the students of today's batch performed?" The General asked with his deep voice but in a lighter mood this time.

"Well mine really did great! That Myrtle was able to knock out more hoodlums than I did! Well Randall's pretty slow on thinking but a very tough guy and oh that Yvette's a very clever brat!" Tyron bragged before anyone else could answer.

"With all due respect sir. But aren't we going to wait for Ms. Terre before we start the debriefing?" Stephen humbly inquired, seemingly concerned of the absence of Shirly.

"Ah yes about her, she failed to report 17 hundred hours as we have agreed. I asked the liaison officer to contact her but there's no response from her frequency." The General reported with a little hint of uncertainty. "Well anyway, I sent scouts to locate her team at their mission ground."

"Who cares about that woman anyway?" Tyron whispered to himself, annoyed of being interrupted by Stephen. "Well as I was saying..." Tyron tried to continue his bragging but the General motioned him to stop.

May raised her eyebrow, showing suspicion of the General's action as well as his response to Stephen.

"So it seems they are ready to face the President. After this, instruct your students to return to their classroom tomorrow. I will have Mr. Nacu announce about the tournament on wednesday. That's two days from now." The General spoke in a hurry as if rushing to attend on another important matter.

"Isn't it too early for that? They have just finished their preliminary mission." May asked with boldness as if speaking to a fellow, same ranked officer. "With all due respect sir." Realizing her action, she then bowed her head and humbled her tone.

"If you'd ask me, we already wasted so much time for those students. It's time for us to know, who can officially serve as soldiers who are able to defend our country and of course our race." The General didn't seem to mind May's attitude. "Alright as of now, you are all dismissed. Except for you Stephen. We have an important matter to discuss."

The trainors, except for Stephen, left the General's office to relay the General's word to their students.

All seem to be in a united feeling of doubt about what's currently happening except for Tyron who still seem to be annoyed of being cut.

The students are all gathered at the school canteen for late dinner.

As expected, everyone is talking about the mission they were on.

"So how did your mission go Mark?" Simen asked him while scooping some rice from his plate.

Everyone still sat on their usual group except for Randall who joined Myrtle's table and Lyra who joined Simen's group due to the absence of Caitlin and being on the same team as Mark.

"Well, he and James got scolded hard by Ms. Santos for sneaking out of the mission." Lyra interjected making fun of Mark and James.

James shows hints of wanting to fight back but kept his calm.

"What! Sneaked out of your mission? Haha now that's something new. I never thought you have that daring side in you!" Sean laughed, seemingly finding it hard to believe Mark's action.

"Uhmmm...well... Frost wandered away so I had to follow him." Mark bowed down in embarrassment.

"And so what happened?" Simen curiously asked, stopping from his meal to listen.

"As Lyra said, May caught us and got berated afterwards." James interjected, speaking on behalf of Mark who seem to be thinking of how to respond.

"And why did you join him James?" Simen shifted his attention to James, surprised that he did talk to them.