Chapter 30 - Beatrice Eliot

Bea staggered at the sight of her father entering the training room. Her father's fierce look shows his disappointment, triggering Bea's fear. As if shot by a paralyzing spell, Bea stood still, unable to move an inch.

"Failed, failed, failed! When will I ever hear a good news about you? In school you never got it even in the top ten. In demon summoning, you can't even reach my expectations. Your mana manipulation skills haven't improved even a bit, your fulfillment level is still 17! Is this all what you can do?" Senator Eliot threw some papers on Bea's face and harshly scolded the poor young lady. Bea tried her best to stop her tears from rolling out of her eyes.

Bea wanted to speak out but no words can seem to form in her mouth. She simply bowed in the presence of her furious father.

The papers that was thrown on Bea's face now fell to the floor. The papers visible side reveal that they are class records with some subjects graded with A and most with B. Such grades are already considered above average if it's at Bea's school and yet, the Senator can't seem to be contented at all.

"Well I hate to do this but I decided to make you stop from going to that school. From here on, you will be entering the military academy with the daughters of some collegues." The Senator's tone now calmed down but his fierce eyes that seem to pierce through one's soul remained.

Bea is obviously disappointed with her father's decision. But what can she do? At their house, her father is the law.

Senator Eliot opened his mouth for yet another speech but before he can utter a word, the sound of a phone ring echoed up to the training room.

As if suddenly remembering something that he forgot, the Senator hastily turned around and made his way towards the door.

Upon reaching the door's opening, he looked back at Bea with his piercing gaze. "I will arrange your entry to the military academy. If you fail me again this time, I have no choice but to disown you." With that, the Senator left the room.

Bea fell on her knees and finally let her tears gush out from her eyes. Fear, hatred, disgust all fell along with the bitter tears that fell down from her eyes.

"...Ms. Oppus earned her second win!"

Beatrice then snapped back to reality upon hearing the loud announcement. It seemed that Ash lost as well.

He stood behind the wall of the waiting area, then moved her head to take a peek on what's happening outside.

Ash and her Tigrine both lie unconscious on the ground. She looked up at the audience area and saw her father sitting at the VIP box. She was suddenly filled with rage remembering how her father treated her.

She snapped out of her thoughts again at another announcement. Lyra fell as well and it seems like they are considering for the next match to be once again moved. Stephen quickly ran towards Ash.

Meanwhile on the other side of the arena, James and Mark are running towards the waiting area with James carrying Lyra by his arms.

Upon entering the waiting area, they saw May enter the door from outside the arena.

"You two stop and wait here." May spoke in her usual cold tone, walking past the two boys and into the arena ground.

"Proceed with the next match! I now accept Lyra's loss." May commanded the game master in an authoritative tone. After that, May turned around again and walked towards James and Mark as if having no moment to lose.

'How can she simply arrive with those decisions?' James rebelled silently irritated at his sister's manipulative action once again.

"I'll be the one to take her to the clinic." May quickly got Lyra from James' arms and motioned the two to get back to the arena.