VIII.

Ava

Ava just stood there, waiting for Beatrice's reaction. She was scared that she said it at the wrong time, or that it was inappropriate. But then she got her answer. „I can stay with you tonight if you want."

She couldn't believe that Bea just said that, but she was incredibly happy. She felt safe in Bea's arms, and she was also happy that Bea finally start to get comfortable with her.

They both were quiet on the way to Ava's room. Beatrice seemed nervous about sleeping with her in one bed again, which was acceptable. Ava knew she didn't have a nice childhood since she told her parents about being attracted to the same gender. She never really asked for the details, but she hoped that Beatrice will open up to her more someday.

Beatrice

The silence between the two of them annoyed Beatrice, so she decided to break it. „Did you speak to anyone else than me about what happened?" She asked.

„Just with Mother Superion." Ava answered, and Bea could tell that her mood dropped fast. Sometimes she wanted to punch herself in the face for not knowing when was the right time to ask certain questions. She wanted to cheer Ava up, but she didn't know how. She never thought about making jokes, because she never had someone to share them with. Until now.

After a few seconds, she asked „Did you know that you snore like a bear?" hoping that she just didn't say the dumbest thing she could.