XLIV.

Ava started to tear up, not knowing where she is and in which direction to go. But then Bea started talking as she wished.

"Don't panic Ava, be calm and keep breathing, Okay? Breathe with me. In.... And out." Bea said and Ava tried to do as she told her to. She took a deep breath in, and then breathed out. She repeated that a few times until she was ready to continue. "Where am I, Bea? Where should I go?" She asked and Bea answered "Go straight forward, there are 18 feet left. You can do this darling."

Darling.Darling. Ava was repeating that word in her head and kept slowly going forward. "How much is left now?" She asked after a while, and Beatrice gave her a quick answer " 10 feet, you're doing well."

Bea's words were the only thing keeping her going, and after a few more minutes, she could feel her arms escape the cold concrete walls as she fell out the wall.

She almost hit the ground when Bea caught her and pulled her into a hug. "See? You made it!" She smiled excitedly.

Ava snuggled into her, enjoying her touch and the warmth of her body, trying to assure herself that she was there. Nothing scared her more than being alone like she was when she was paralyzed.

After a few seconds, she looked up to face Beatrice and gave her a soft, gentle kiss.

"Thank you." She said, and Bea gave her a confused look. "For what exactly dummy?" She asked. "For not leaving me." Ava answered and smiled at her.

"I would never do that, Ava. Even if staying with you meant the death of everyone else, I would still choose you."