10

So I'm going to Disney with my band and choir for a week  after thanksgiving and it's an 18 hour bus ride so I may post multiple chapters then but after that I may be gone for a week so yeah :)

(Akaashi POV)

I've never really been sure how to define my sexuality. There are so many girls I've seen and thought about how pretty they are, and the same goes for boys. But even then I'd never really had a desire to actually date someone, never thought I actually loved someone. But sitting in my room, listening to Bokuto sing for the first time... There's one thing I'm sure of now.

It's not like he's singing his heart out or anything- in fact, I think this is the quietest he's ever been, but even singing so softly, Bokuto looks so happy.

I'm not sure if Bokuto even realized it when he started singing, we were just listening to music while I helped him study for a test when he started. But when he realized, and I encouraged him, he kept going.

Bokuto smirked when he stopped and looked up at me. "Based on the look on your face, I take it I'm not the world's worst singer."

"Not even close." I smiled and raised a brow. "How long have you been singing? For someone who only does it in private, you're amazing."

"Mmm three years maybe? I'm not really sure, it just kinda started one day." Bokuto shrugged, looking more shy than I'd ever seen him. "You really think I'm good?"

I nodded. "Have I ever lied to you?"

"Good point. Oh, and thanks for helping me study. It's kind of hard to focus when my parents are arguing."

"I told you that you can come whenever you need to. But I don't understand, why does your dad let your mom visit so often? And then leave you alone with her?"

"I don't know," Bokuto groaned. "I think some part of him still loves her. And that he wants to give her a second chance. It's stupid though."

"Well at least you won't have to deal with her for awhile." I glanced down at Bokuto's long page of notes and sighed. "Do you want to take a break? You've been studying for awhile."

Bokuto sighed and glanced at his phone. "As much as I'd like to stay, my dad actually texted me awhile ago. He said my mom left, and he wants me home for dinner."

"Does 'home for dinner' mean you have to leave this very second?"

"Probably." Bokuto ruffled my hair and stood up. Besides, didn't you say you also have a very big and important test tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I do," I mumbled. I already studied for it for three hours today, but I should probably study for at least one more if I want to make sure I get the top grade...

Bokuto smiled brightly grabbed my hand and squeezed it.  "Just... Make sure not to push yourself too hard. You don't want another headache. Relax tonight, kay?"

"Mhm." I got to my feet and smiled. "Let me show you out."

"Ooh, being all fancy huh?"

I rolled my eyes and led Bokuto downstairs. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yep! See ya Akaashi."